pschlute

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 00:24
A rework of an old image. K1 + FA 50mm 1.4. f1.4 1/2000 ISO200

Plus Rio

Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 09:16
Beautiful photo - is that the DFA* or the FA, if it's the latter then it's particularly impressive
LennyBloke

pschlute

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 14:47
LennyBloke wrote:
Beautiful photo - is that the DFA* or the FA, if it's the latter then it's particularly impressive

It is the old FA lens. Yes a great performer. i bought it a few years back off a forum member. I have been finding that it is a great walkabout lens to put on the K1 when I don't want the weight of a big zoom.
Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 18:20
pschlute wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

It is the old FA lens. Yes a great performer. i bought it a few years back off a forum member. I have been finding that it is a great walkabout lens to put on the K1 when I don't want the weight of a big zoom.

I know it's capable of sharp images, but the background looks particularly nice and there's a pleasing slight "glow" in Rio's beautiful locks
LennyBloke

Helpful

PeterKR

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 19:23
As they say "the eyes have it !"

A lovely shot of a beautiful model.

Great work

Best regards
peter

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/02/2020 - 23:34
pschlute wrote:
A rework of an old image.

It would be interesting to see the old and new versions together to see what's different.

Lovely picture of a beautiful dog. Made me think of Marilyn Monroe!

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 12/02/2020 - 00:18
Lubbyman wrote:
pschlute wrote:
A rework of an old image.

It would be interesting to see the old and new versions together to see what's different.

Here we are. Too many distracting elements in the original, with the bright areas and oof body/tail

Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 12/02/2020 - 00:19

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 12/02/2020 - 10:39
LennyBloke wrote:

I wondered exactly the same thing and thought it must be the new DFA*. I'm amazed that it's the old FA version - sharpness and out-of-focus rendering are superb.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/02/2020 - 10:52
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

I wondered exactly the same thing and thought it must be the new DFA*. I'm amazed that it's the old FA version - sharpness and out-of-focus rendering are superb.

I think it illustrates the fact that a great photo is far more to do with the photographer than the equipment, and Peter has shown us a fair few examples of that fact
LennyBloke

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/02/2020 - 19:19
pschlute wrote:
Here we are. Too many distracting elements in the original, with the bright areas and oof body/tail

Oh yes! A good example of creative cropping.

Interesting to see body/tail in the original. I had assumed Rio was sitting. It shows how easy it is to misread a picture!

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 14/02/2020 - 22:36
I like both versions, 1 being the classic portrait, 2 bringing a touch of quirkiness and humour. Tight DOF indeed, and great rendering!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.