Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Tiger cubs and Polar bears @ YWP

Pjwebbs
Posted 06/08/2015 - 22:56 Link
What a fantastic day at my local Zoo (literally 3mins away). I went with the intention of trying to capture the tiger cubs and seeing if I could finally see the polars actually doing something, I seem to keep missing all the fun!
I was extremely lucky to see the animals so active! Here are a few images I captured form today, I still have plenty to go through. Hope you like Any feedback or criticism is more than welcome!

Comment Image
Cub-2 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Cub-3 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Cub-6 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Cub-7 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Cub by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Pixel and Victor-2 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

Comment Image
Pixel and Victor-3 by Paul Webster, on Flickr

8. This is a large crop, I still think it holds up well!
Comment Image
Pixel and Victor by Paul Webster, on Flickr

I was contemplating moving to a Nikon system, thinking about getting a Tamron 150-600 and a cheaper body, D7000. I think I'll stick on my Pentax k5ii and Sigma 150-450 after today! The buffer never seems to fill on this thing and I can't believe the high ISO. None of these were taken less then ISO1000, many ISO250. I have really got back into this camera today! Maybe even treat myself to the new Pentax 150-450... HA! Like i have that sort of money knocking about It would be nice to use f5.6 @ 450mm knowing it will be sharp rather than having to stop down to f8 on the Sigma to get sharpness. That's worth it, right??? RIGHT?!?!
Pentax K5ii / Tammy 17-50 / Pentax-F 50 1.7 / Siggy 70-300 / Siggy 150-500 / and my favourite Pentax-A 70-210.
McGregNi
Posted 07/08/2015 - 10:30 Link
Looks like you should stick with Pentax, that's for sure! Great results here ... Superb clarity and action capture. The lens/camera/person combo has really come together beautifully

The first one is unusual ... It really focuses attention on the subject, but the context seems removed .... Have you used a mask -out programme? It looks like our Tiger has been placed in one of those shopping mall instant baby photograph studio set-ups ! (I'm sure its parents would love it :wink

I prefer the others with natural backgrounds ... All nicely rendered with good aperture choice I think. You've picked some strong angles and good moments ... Overall an excellent collection !

One small point for your processing ... They all look rather warm in tone. Perhaps the white balance could be a little cooler, or a small reduction in yellow saturation might help ... Worth a look I think.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 07/08/2015 - 10:33

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.