Tickhill GP - Concentration

jvs
Posted 27/08/2014 - 21:36 Link
At David's invitation, went to Tickhill along with scores of other snappers, official and casual, and blanched at the sight of some of the equipment on show. Found it quite challenging, never having tried anything so fast-moving before, so I'm aware that these are not perfect and welcome suggestions for improved technique! I decided that I really wanted close-up shots to try and bring out whatever was showing in the facial expressions of the riders. Timing the auto-focus and shutter release I found quite tricky. In some shots the prominent rider is deliberately in focus; in others, it's deliberately a rider further back in the group; in others still, it's a complete fluke that anything is in focus! The most common expressions I think were concentration and effort (what a surprise!), with pain and relief readily visible, and not a lot of enjoyment!
Please feel free to comment frankly if you've got this far! (All K-3 and Pentax 18-135mm)

1.
Comment Image

2
Comment Image

3
Comment Image

4
Comment Image

5
Comment Image

6
Comment Image

7
Comment Image

8
Comment Image

9
Comment Image


Thanks for looking, esp if cycling does nothing for you!
John
davidstorm
Posted 28/08/2014 - 00:06 Link
Some good shots here John, particularly as these are your first go at this type of photography. Number 2 and 3 particularly catch my eye.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo