Three snow shots from Northumberland
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:03
Link
Gosh, a couple of crackers I think. The third should be on a christmas card, love that low cloud creeping over the horizon, the snow against the still water, but the beautiful blue sky - excellent stuff. I like the first two as well -it looks exotic, like Iceland or something. Great stuff
Regards
Regards
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:03
Link
Oh wow It's sooooooo long since I've been there
These bring back so many memories
These bring back so many memories
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:03
Link
No 1 for me!.......strange to see snow on the seashore!...well taken Graham...Ken
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:28
Link
2 and 3 have my vote. nice ones Graham
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:31
Link
Thanks folks, keep them coming . The snow is currently sitting at thirteen inches according to an acquaintance who submits records to the met office.
Ken: the snow has settled hear for the last three years and last year a good chunk of the estuary was frozen over.
TT If you are ever this way I will give you a guided tour.
Mat: Thanks for that I may quickly revise my Christmas cards this year.
Alan: do we have more snow than you at the moment?
Ken: the snow has settled hear for the last three years and last year a good chunk of the estuary was frozen over.
TT If you are ever this way I will give you a guided tour.
Mat: Thanks for that I may quickly revise my Christmas cards this year.
Alan: do we have more snow than you at the moment?
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:38
Link
Sorry Barrie, you dropped under my radar while I was typing the response. Thanks.
What does everyone think about the sky colour in number two compared to no one.
Graham
What does everyone think about the sky colour in number two compared to no one.
Graham
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:44
Link
I think that's why I prefer 2 over 1. It has more colour in the sky and more contrast in the foreground pool
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 29/11/2010 - 20:46
Link
Superb shots Graham. For once you are getting more snow near the coast than we are inland, but its still deep here. I particularly like how you've used that pool on the beach as forground interest.
Daviod
Daviod
Posted 29/11/2010 - 21:49
Link
Gorgeous photos with number three being my firm favourite. But then, I really like castles and a quite like snow! Good stuff and well done. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 29/11/2010 - 22:28
Link
Thanks again for your comments, at this rate number three could become a Christmas card for the family this year.
Graham
Graham
Posted 29/11/2010 - 23:48
Link
Number 3 is stunning I have to admit
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1347 posts
17 years
Somewhere at the back of my mind
Amble 1
Amble 2
Warkworth