This week's Yellow Competition

JAK
Posted 21/02/2014 - 23:12 Link
I cannot find the usual dedicated thread for this comp so hope OK to create my own.

Earlier today I entered a photograph entitled Yellow Attraction. It was taken on a Samsung GX-20. The image's theme was yellow nectar attracting yellow bees. Where's it gone please? Was there a system issue necessitating PU to be reverted to an earlier time for technical issues?

If the image was removed because it had other colours in it besides yellow that hardly seems a reasonable course of action - the theme setter didn't say only the colour yellow in the image is acceptable. So no green leaves then either, blue sky, brown rabbits, white, black.... The main subject of my photograph was yellow, as required. Unless it was a technical glitch this was outrageous. It would also be courteous to advise me as to the reason and perhaps suggest I enter an alternative.

I wish to point out that this isn't the monthly competition where images have to be taken in the current month.
John K
Edited by JAK: 21/02/2014 - 23:19
johnriley
Posted 22/02/2014 - 00:05 Link
Don't jump to erroneous conclusions John. No images are ever removed for reasons such as you suggest, the assessment is entirely up to the judge when judging.

Non-Pentax images are removed, but Samsung DSLRs made by Pentax are fine.

My best guess is that your upload failed for some reason, so I'd try again.
Best regards, John
Posted 22/02/2014 - 00:31 Link
Lets see the image John
Sounds good
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
JAK
Posted 22/02/2014 - 01:12 Link
Thanks John. Well it was there when I went back to look at entries later in the afternoon but it was gone tonight. A monochrome image had also been deleted next to it which I must admit did seem somewhat off topic IMHO.
Well I've re-uploaded it now. If its considered off topic (I know it's not as wholly yellow as some entries) then fair enough, but I cannot see why it should 'bee.'
John K
Edited by JAK: 22/02/2014 - 01:13
JAK
Posted 22/02/2014 - 01:15 Link
QuestionableCarrot wrote:
Lets see the image John
Sounds good
Thanks.
John K

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo