This is not so much an introduction as a re-introduction.

davesexton

Link Posted 17/04/2016 - 14:30
In November 2014 I confess I lost faith that a Pentax FF would ever appear and bought myself a Sony A7. This was not an entirely bad thing as it answered my question about whether FF was worth the investment. Fortunately, I chose to use this with a collection of Samyang primes for which I always bought the Pentax fit, just in case I came back.

Well, the K1 is finally here and it look to be an amazing camera. Mine is on pre-order from the wonderful folks at SRS and I will be going to collect it as soon as I get back from my current business trip in Montreal. So, I am coming back in to the fold and will be happy to return to the Pentax way of doing things. Donít get me wrong, Sony is a technology company that makes some very interesting and important mirrorless cameras. However, Pentax is a photography company that leverages technology to make very usable cameras! I enjoyed my A7 and will even miss the EVF in many ways. However, I know that my photographic endeavours will be better served by the K1 (plus it wonít feel like itís about to break in my hands!).

Cheers,

Dave
Capture: Pentax K-1, PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR, PENTAX 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, SAMYANG 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC, SAMYANG 35mm F1.4 AS UMC, ē SAMYANG 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC

Processing: Adobe Bridge for organisation, DxO Optics Pro Elite for RAW development, ON1 Photo RAW for some 'stylising' and Affintiy Photo for more involved edits.

JohnX

Link Posted 17/04/2016 - 14:51
Welcome back.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.