There's Not A lot......

cbrog
Posted 05/06/2023 - 17:03 Link
going on in the garden at the moment - but here goes. All with K3 and Pentax-F 100 macro. Generally better viewed large

Eye Candy
Comment Image



Annoying this - first interesting wasp visitor and this happens. However one for the arachnophobes among 'e.
Comment Image


Hmm.....
Comment Image


Photobombed again..
Comment Image
Edited by cbrog: 05/06/2023 - 17:09
LennyBloke
Posted 05/06/2023 - 21:43 Link
The macro world in our gardens transforms the "not much going on" to "everything going on" This quartet are a nice example of the everyday at your adobe, if I was choosing one I'd go for no.3 with that triffid eye awakening slowly
LennyBloke
davidwozhere
Posted 05/06/2023 - 22:39 Link
I have also noticed these little black bees(?) and I can't find any reference to them. Anybody know what they are? I wouldn't accuse it of photo bombing (even if it did) because it transforms the shot.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
MHOL190246
Posted 06/06/2023 - 14:09 Link
My guess would be one of the Mason bees. They are certainly about at this time of year.

Hope this helps

Michael
cbrog
Posted 06/06/2023 - 16:58 Link
MHOL190246 wrote:
My guess would be one of the Mason bees. They are certainly about at this time of year.

Hope this helps

Michael
Cannot argue with that - my many bug-books aren't much help on this one ! The 'Wasp' is, I think, the Wasp Beetle Clytus arietis (One that I have photographed before). The spider is one I have not seen before and could well be the Steatodea paykulliana or S.bipunctata the female of which is said to be poisonous to humans
On reflection it does look a bit nasty...and it's hiding in our Yucca.


Roger
MHOL190246
Posted 07/06/2023 - 08:35 Link
If you are ever stuck for an ident of an insect, the Royal Entomological Society does offer free advice via this link https://www.royensoc.co.uk/understanding-insects/identification-help/

Regards

Michael
jvs
Posted 07/06/2023 - 17:56 Link
You can't beat close-ups like these - impressive stuff!
John
K10D
Posted 08/06/2023 - 11:00 Link
Top set. You should be proud of these.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo