The wrong lenses.

Oggy
Posted 28/05/2010 - 22:28 Link
I had a medical appointment at lunchtime today, so I thought I'd take some pictures. Normally when I go to the Wetlands Wildlife Trust I take the 150-500. but I thought I'd try something different so I packed the DFA100 and DA*50-135. I hoped it would make me think a bit more. All the way there I was wondering if I had made a mistake, but looking at the results I am quite pleased. I like the 150-500, but it just does not give the clarity or colour if you do not need 500mm.

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/Oggy3323/50-135-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/Oggy3323/50-135-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/Oggy3323/DFA3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/Oggy3323/DFA2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc222/Oggy3323/DFA1.jpg[/IMG]


All thoughts welcome.

Thankyou for looking.
K10D
Posted 28/05/2010 - 22:31 Link
A great set.

Regards
Too far from a shore.
techno-terminator
Posted 28/05/2010 - 22:38 Link
oh - that first one - the snoooooooozing duck.

Just look at the curves in his plumage , and the beautiful shading in the colours - fabulous.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Mannesty
Posted 28/05/2010 - 23:22 Link
Lovely set Oggy. I like #2, the other snoozing duck, on one leg, and the mandarin is exquisite.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
i-Berg
Posted 29/05/2010 - 02:12 Link
Well shot Oggy, the 50-135 does a good job for me also.
matwhittington
Posted 29/05/2010 - 07:45 Link
I agree - the 50-135 can give pretty awesome results (IMO) - as can the DFA100 (I use that quite a lot in a 'non-macro' sense).

Nice set - I think the first is my fave - excellent detail on the feathers; number 2 as well although its a shame there's not a smidgeon of more space above his head.

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
terje-l
Posted 29/05/2010 - 14:18 Link
Very good, Oggy. If these are the wrong lenses, I wonder what could be improved with the right ones
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Oggy
Posted 29/05/2010 - 23:39 Link
Thanks for your kind comments.

These have to be two top lenses.

terje-l wrote:
Very good, Oggy. If these are the wrong lenses, I wonder what could be improved with the right ones
That would be the DA* 100-500.

It does feel as if I have learnt a little from the exercise.
beginner
Posted 29/05/2010 - 23:45 Link
The 50/135 is a stunner!....magical shots!.......
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
i-Berg
Posted 30/05/2010 - 05:13 Link
S'pose it was good that it wasn't the Wrong Trousers - you'd have been taking pictures of penguins.
Oggy
Posted 30/05/2010 - 13:21 Link
i-Berg wrote:
S'pose it was good that it wasn't the Wrong Trousers - you'd have been taking pictures of penguins.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo