The Wear by night
Posted 20/09/2016 - 15:59 - Helpful Comment
Link
Viewing off a phone screen so can't comment on the colours but on my screen they look good.
It's a gorgeous scene that's well seen and captured! The horizon is quite central which I don't mind too much as there is a nice balance to the image. The foreground water doesn't add anything though in my eyes, I'd be tempted to crop some out and go for a more slight letterbox crop. This would give the image more gravity also
It's a gorgeous scene that's well seen and captured! The horizon is quite central which I don't mind too much as there is a nice balance to the image. The foreground water doesn't add anything though in my eyes, I'd be tempted to crop some out and go for a more slight letterbox crop. This would give the image more gravity also
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 20/09/2016 - 16:54 - Helpful Comment
Link
I'd agree, the foreground up to the boat reflection could easily be removed, so the boat with that reflection would become the foreground interest giving a much stronger image. Otherwise it's great!
John K
Posted 20/09/2016 - 18:47 - Helpful Comment
Link
A peaceful and calm scene beautifully caught, with a good exposure centered around the sky ..... The resulting near silhouette is just right.
I'm sure it would be interesting to see the crop idea from the others also, for comparison.
My own instinct tonally would be a shift in colour balance towards magenta and also red ...ie away from green and cyan.
I'm sure it would be interesting to see the crop idea from the others also, for comparison.
My own instinct tonally would be a shift in colour balance towards magenta and also red ...ie away from green and cyan.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1455 posts
18 years