Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The smallest ever SLR

hefty1
Posted 09/01/2008 - 16:34 Link
The "Mode" button doubles as the power on/off - the power will automatically switch off after a period of inactivity too. There are no obvious screws in the construction, rather it looks like the upper and lower halves of the case snap together in a clamshell fashion.

If you'd like to have a try then just send me a PM with your address and I'll send you one out. I kept these 4 back in case of returns but as it's over a year ago since I last sold them I figure they're no use to me any more (and I was selling them at 8 quid each - that should give you an idea of their quality and their wholesale value!)
Joining the Q
hefty1
Posted 09/01/2008 - 16:43 Link
Classvino wrote:

Developing is the problem - can be pricey... so I'd be happy to beta test any digital solutions anyone might care to fabricate...

Join the queue!

I'm hoping someone's going to take me up on my offer and make it work. A 110Digital would be a truly wonderful thing.
Joining the Q
Belinda B.
Posted 18/03/2008 - 13:50 Link
hefty1 wrote:
Classvino wrote:

Developing is the problem - can be pricey... so I'd be happy to beta test any digital solutions anyone might care to fabricate...

Join the queue!

I'm hoping someone's going to take me up on my offer and make it work. A 110Digital would be a truly wonderful thing.

I assume that there is no more news on this topic

I do not understand why Pentax keeps on churning out endless Optios that are like anything else in the marketplace but does not produce something original such as a digital equivalent of the 110 SLR

I no longer use mine but would jump at the opportunity to buy a digital version of the camera
Belinda B.
hefty1
Posted 18/03/2008 - 15:12 Link
Belinda B. wrote:

I assume that there is no more news on this topic

You'll have to ask beakynet - I did send him a couple of the digicams to have a play with but not heard anything since so I'm guessing it's not as easy as it sounds..?

Still have 2 left if you fancy having a hack around with them?
Joining the Q
beakynet
Posted 28/03/2008 - 00:40 Link
hefty1 wrote:
You'll have to ask beakynet - I did send him a couple of the digicams to have a play with but not heard anything since so I'm guessing it's not as easy as it sounds..?

The digicam sensor is very small, and then there is the issue of the 'almost' integrated lens! My last 110 film was returned without the case as requested

I will have some more time soon to continue with this. However, I don't expect to find a solution with the digicam or even get close. However, it will give me ideas as to how the mechanism would work. I think it would have to be based on a switch operated by the mirror flipping up which, in the case of the 110 is also the shutter! Power on on the unit would be the wind on, not figured how an integral power off would work out as you would then need to take a 'blank shot' and wind on again. Also, the film plane position would probably differ from the 110 film meaning images would be out of focus - this one is the most tricky bit.
Bodies: K5IIs, K7, MZ5n, LX, MV
Lenses: DA*16-50, DA18-55WR, DA18-135, DAL35, M50 F2, A50 f1.4, FA50 f1.4, DA*50-135, DA55-300, Tamron 70-300, DFA 100 WR Macro, M135 f3.5, Sigma 120-400 APO DG HSM, Tokina 500 f8.0
Flash: Metz 58, Metz 48
Accessories: BG4, Pentax right angle finder, Pentax mirror adaptor lens, O-ME53 Viewfinder Loupe
Auto 110 System: Auto 110, Winder, 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 70mm, 20-40mm, AF100P, 1.7x telecon
johnriley
Posted 28/03/2008 - 07:37 Link
Minox actually make small deigital replicas of some classic cameras such as the Leica, Rolleiflex and Contax. They look pretty but are just about useless as cameras.

The Pentax 110 and 110 Super are gorgeous little things, the only pity about the system being the mass of different filter sizes and the actual 110 film cartridge itself.

The bag is based on the Speedbag, one of my favourite small bag designs compact and very fast in use.

If anyone has a Speedbag, Speedbag M or Joybag L then I'm looking for nice examples of those.
Best regards, John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.