the haul from Easter...

bretti_kivi
Posted 06/04/2010 - 20:22 Link
Here... C&C welcome.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Oh yeah, I got my PPG account, too

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
Edited by bretti_kivi: 06/04/2010 - 20:24
snappychappy
Posted 06/04/2010 - 20:38 Link
Like the leaf shot, the others dont really do anything for me.
womble
Posted 06/04/2010 - 20:39 Link
The first one looks a bit phallic to me. The third one is lovely with the backlight to the leaf. I like the idea of the last one but I would have had the foreground trees in focus and tried to avoid the object in the lower right corner.

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
alun
Posted 06/04/2010 - 20:57 Link
I think the leaf in isolation, minus the twig to the left, would have been a stunner!
bretti_kivi
Posted 06/04/2010 - 21:05 Link
Quote:
I think the leaf in isolation, minus the twig to the left, would have been a stunner!
I'm pretty sure I have that. I have to check.

Quote:
I like the idea of the last one but I would have had the foreground trees in focus and tried to avoid the object in the lower right corner.
I missed the "object". It was really difficult to do as the fog was just sort of there but not really and photographing it is nigh on impossible.

Thanks for the comments, I'll check and see what I have on the leaf.

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.
womble
Posted 06/04/2010 - 21:45 Link
Tricksy stuff fog, but it can help produce good photos. I must be one of the few people who like foggy days!

K,
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
thoughton
Posted 07/04/2010 - 07:31 Link
The leaf shot is great! Remove that paler brown stem and it would be perfect, brilliant shot.

I don't really care for the ice shots. I like the foggy trees a lot, but don't like the foreground at all.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Edited by thoughton: 07/04/2010 - 07:32
davidtrout
Posted 07/04/2010 - 14:46 Link
The 'phallic' ice is good and the isolated leaf is appealing. The trees in the fog would be better if you got rid of all the foreground clutter by cloning out the entire collection of twigs on the left and cropping off all the heavy stuff on the right. You would end up with a mysterious minimalist photo of the foggy trees.
david

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo