The Fisher King
Posted 19/08/2017 - 16:57 - Helpful Comment
Link
Very nice, great feeling when you get them isn't it.
Took me 12 months to get some passable shots of the Kingfisher and despite going back to the same spot on numerous occasions over the last 18 months I haven't managed to get any more (despite the ruddy book in the hide saying they are there daily).
Took me 12 months to get some passable shots of the Kingfisher and despite going back to the same spot on numerous occasions over the last 18 months I haven't managed to get any more (despite the ruddy book in the hide saying they are there daily).
Posted 19/08/2017 - 17:07
Link
I can identify very much with that Mike. I have had many 'naturey' friends telling me tales of where they are and how often they see them!
Mine were two years in the making, and it was all over in a minute! I feel like a mighty weight has gone from my shoulders Moving on to sparrows next!
Mine were two years in the making, and it was all over in a minute! I feel like a mighty weight has gone from my shoulders Moving on to sparrows next!
Posted 19/08/2017 - 17:28 - Helpful Comment
Link
A delightful set that show the merit of APS-C for wildlife in good light.
(Good friend) Colin should show more of his excellent work on here. Generally a better audience than Facebook i find. Blythman. (Alan) for example, inspired me to try harder with my own nature photography.
Not sure if my back is up to lugging a lens that heavy though now i've actually handled one. it's a pity some lighter alternatives I see in adverts are no longer being produced in Pentax mount options.
(Good friend) Colin should show more of his excellent work on here. Generally a better audience than Facebook i find. Blythman. (Alan) for example, inspired me to try harder with my own nature photography.
Not sure if my back is up to lugging a lens that heavy though now i've actually handled one. it's a pity some lighter alternatives I see in adverts are no longer being produced in Pentax mount options.
Posted 19/08/2017 - 17:29 - Helpful Comment
Link
Super set of pics you must be well chuffed, I know I would be.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 19/08/2017 - 17:43 - Helpful Comment
Link
Really nice set!
Everything Changes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/
Posted 19/08/2017 - 19:26 - Helpful Comment
Link
These are fantastic shots. I'm really pleased that you persevered. Well done.
Posted 19/08/2017 - 22:22
Link
Thank you all kindly for your nice comments. I am 'well chuffed' with them. In fact my chuff has never been weller!
cheers.
cheers.
Posted 20/08/2017 - 06:41 - Helpful Comment
Link
well done, lovely shots, the 4th one is amusing
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 20/08/2017 - 07:44
Link
Very nice set indeed.
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2
Posted 20/08/2017 - 09:04 - Helpful Comment
Link
That is a wonderful set. Colour, texture and interest, all spot on.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 20/08/2017 - 11:51 - Helpful Comment
Link
Super set , well taken, all good for me; this species can be very elusive, frustrating and tricky; I have got 4 decent shots in 5 seasons so this very high qualty set is quite an achievement .
Regards
Regards
Daronl
Posted 20/08/2017 - 12:07
Link
Great captures. I've not seen one for a few years now.
Your website is about the best I've seen. Very clear and to the point. I never used to like slide shows, but because everything works so well yours is great. I dread trying to look at stuff on the likes of Flickr..... they've completely lost the plot if they ever had it
--
Your website is about the best I've seen. Very clear and to the point. I never used to like slide shows, but because everything works so well yours is great. I dread trying to look at stuff on the likes of Flickr..... they've completely lost the plot if they ever had it
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 20/08/2017 - 16:54
Link
Algernon wrote:
Great captures. I've not seen one for a few years now.
Your website is about the best I've seen. Very clear and to the point. I never used to like slide shows, but because everything works so well yours is great. I dread trying to look at stuff on the likes of Flickr..... they've completely lost the plot if they ever had it
--
Thanks for your lovely comments,it's much appreciated. I agree re Flickr, not a fanGreat captures. I've not seen one for a few years now.
Your website is about the best I've seen. Very clear and to the point. I never used to like slide shows, but because everything works so well yours is great. I dread trying to look at stuff on the likes of Flickr..... they've completely lost the plot if they ever had it
--
Daronl wrote:
Super set , well taken, all good for me; this species can be very elusive, frustrating and tricky; I have got 4 decent shots in 5 seasons so this very high qualty set is quite an achievement .
Regards
Super set , well taken, all good for me; this species can be very elusive, frustrating and tricky; I have got 4 decent shots in 5 seasons so this very high qualty set is quite an achievement .
Regards
Posted 20/08/2017 - 16:55
Link
Thanks again to you all for your kind comments, much appreciated
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


20 posts
12 years
South Walsham,
Norfolk