The first K-1 Image ??
Posted 30/04/2016 - 21:03
Link
Come on folks. Don't be shy! I am hesitant, but you could make the difference!
Posted 30/04/2016 - 22:31
Link
I've just been back to that building site, 10 pm, and used 12800 ISO which I have never used on any camera before. I used to regard 3200 as the maximum tolerable on a K3 and I didn't think the K1 at two stops faster was any worse. This is going to transform my frequent low light work.
Posted 01/05/2016 - 11:20
Link
malcolmk wrote:
I've just been back to that building site, 10 pm, and used 12800 ISO which I have never used on any camera before. I used to regard 3200 as the maximum tolerable on a K3 and I didn't think the K1 at two stops faster was any worse. This is going to transform my frequent low light work.
I'm sure my K3 and the K5 have gone much higher than 3200iso with acceptable results but I can't immediately lay my hands on them.I've just been back to that building site, 10 pm, and used 12800 ISO which I have never used on any camera before. I used to regard 3200 as the maximum tolerable on a K3 and I didn't think the K1 at two stops faster was any worse. This is going to transform my frequent low light work.
I know I have a picture taken at 12800 on my humble K30 in extremely low light levels - and I was amazed at the quality of the image. The IQ was due to this wonderful little camera more than my skills.
One day perhaps I'll be able to join discussions on the merits of the K1.
David
Posted 01/05/2016 - 22:13
Link
I was out all day yesterday with my K-3 and the wonderful DA*50-135. It struck me looking through the images today that I don't think I've reached anywhere near the potential of my K-3 yet, after owning it for two and a half years and taking god knows how many images with it. What a great camera, I can only imagine how good the K-1 is.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


132 posts
14 years
Hampshire
Since I don't think any of us has posted an image yet, here's one totally untouched from this morning.
link
K1 and 15-30mm. 47 MB!
On the other hand, 44.7MB file size on my PC, it shrunk or you are using true MBs, unlike Windows!