The Final Brownsea set - Detail

LennyBloke

Link Posted 17/09/2020 - 10:30
Another mix of subjects, this time more detail rather than whole subject shots...

1. B&W Trunk

2. Brick Wall Debris

3. Beach Y Trunks

4. Oily Water

5. Tree Trunk Waves

6. Pebbles and Pottery

7. Beech Colour

8. Sand and Roots

9. Another Trunk on the Beach

10. Twisted Branches

11. Sand Cliff

12. Natures Porthole

13. Flower in the darkness

Hope you like some of them
LennyBloke

MrB

Link Posted 17/09/2020 - 20:18
The first and last are my choices. The flower seems to be illuminated internally!

Philip

pschlute

Link Posted 17/09/2020 - 22:20
1 + 4 for me.
Peter

My Flickr page

davidwozhere

Link Posted 18/09/2020 - 01:52
Fantastic set of shapes and textures. The 1st one and the pebbles and pottery in particular.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 08:40
Thanks for all the comments - much appreciated
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 15:30
I like all of these, they work very well as a set with the exception of number 9 which throws me off a little due to the small in focus area.

EDIT: Probably more accurate to say that the background on the left side is a little too busy.
Last Edited by HarisF1 on 19/09/2020 - 15:30

JAK

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 16:15
Back in the 1970s I used to take the scouts camping there. It hadn't been open long for public visits and some of its features have long since gone.
I liked the place so much I produced a film, shot on Super 8, and during the lockdown I converted it to video.
If you wish to watch it, it's here:
https://jkpg.myqnapcloud.com:8081/piwigo/picture.php?/3934/
John K

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 16:52
JAK wrote:
Back in the 1970s I used to take the scouts camping there. It hadn't been open long for public visits and some of its features have long since gone.
I liked the place so much I produced a film, shot on Super 8, and during the lockdown I converted it to video.
If you wish to watch it, it's here:
https://jkpg.myqnapcloud.com:8081/piwigo/picture.php?/3934/

Fascinating to watch John - some things look identical, other quite different. The Vineyard is in a worse state now and I think that greenhouse has gone One part of the island has been given over to the Dorset Wildlife Trust as a nature reserve, the rest of it is managed by the National Trust and the Castle (and a few acres) is leased to the John Lewis Partnership. The soft cliff erosion is more notable each time we visit, with more and more trees slipping down to the beach and the pottery is more and more eroded with rounded edges and smaller pieces all the time.

Thanks for sharing
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 19/09/2020 - 21:47
Nice set, but the last one is my favourite by some margin. Lovely.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

redbusa99

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 00:07
as already said a fine set. 5 for me as i keep going back to see if i can find the dividing line is for the reflected half.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 09:31
redbusa99 wrote:
as already said a fine set. 5 for me as i keep going back to see if i can find the dividing line is for the reflected half.

Wow - I hadn't seen it that way Joe but now I look again I see what you mean! There is no reflection in this shot - it is simply a fallen tree stripped of its bark, the "ripple" texture is completely natural, as is the lighting. Here's the original (no editing)...

Thanks Kris - that shot nearly didn't make it in as I missed the intended focus point, but as we all know - it isn't just sharpness that makes a photo
LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 20/09/2020 - 23:43
A beautiful set of abstracts, LennyB. 4-8 I find especially appealing, and within those, 5, 7 and 8; sand and roots being my pick of the lot - so much to see and/or imagine (have you noticed the bird?).

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 10:03
4, 5, 12 and 13 for me
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.