08tiger

Link Posted 11/07/2015 - 07:15
In this case an FJ ute

C&C welcome.
Don.

Stuey

Link Posted 11/07/2015 - 11:57
Very nice
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

McGregNi

Link Posted 11/07/2015 - 21:29
Very 'in yer face'! The close-up wide angle effect works very well here, and the perspective exaggeration suits the subject well.

There's a rather cool colour balance ... See the blue cast on the chrome. I wonder if a little shunt down on the kelvin scale might help?
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 11/07/2015 - 21:30

SteveLedger

Link Posted 11/07/2015 - 21:36
McGregNi wrote:

There's a rather cool colour balance ... See the blue cast on the chrome. I wonder if a little shunt down on the kelvin scale might help?

Chrome has no color. See the blue sky? Hence blue cast.

Nice Shot, Don.

davidstorm

Link Posted 11/07/2015 - 21:39
Great image, it's hard to take a shot of a car that grabs the attention, but this one does. Colours look fine to me.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/07/2015 - 00:45
It even has a parking ticket!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

droopsnoot

Link Posted 13/07/2015 - 12:55
Interesting, I don't take many shots at static car shows now but I usually find something similar to your shot, especially if there's anything of US origin with a decent grille. Funny how two complete strangers see the same thing, this was at a local show I attended yesterday, with advance apologies if it looks like I'm hijacking the thread.

Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/07/2015 - 22:54
I've never really got a handle on American car styling. You go round New York (for example) and you can follow the rise and development of the American Art Deco style but you look at their motor cars and...... here are two examples (above) of what they come out with - but where from? What is the aesthetic heritage of them?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

08tiger

Link Posted 14/07/2015 - 05:53
droopsnoot wrote:
Interesting, I don't take many shots at static car shows now but I usually find something similar to your shot, especially if there's anything of US origin with a decent grille. Funny how two complete strangers see the same thing, this was at a local show I attended yesterday, with advance apologies if it looks like I'm hijacking the thread.

No worries Mike.
I only went for the bikes as cars are not my thing but as with this image there was so much clutter around most of the bikes !!

C&C welcome.
Don.

08tiger

Link Posted 14/07/2015 - 05:58
davidwozhere wrote:
I've never really got a handle on American car styling. You go round New York (for example) and you can follow the rise and development of the American Art Deco style but you look at their motor cars and...... here are two examples (above) of what they come out with - but where from? What is the aesthetic heritage of them?

Not to be picky David but the Holden FJ was Australian built although probably a copy of American styling.
C&C welcome.
Don.

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 14/07/2015 - 06:49
It's ever so hard to take good photographs at car shows or in museums. I often end up just concentrating on small details, trying to avoid cluttered backgrounds.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

droopsnoot

Link Posted 14/07/2015 - 18:48
Very true Andrew, my Olds shot above would be nicer without that green chair on the right for example. In fact quite a few people set up picnic tables and chairs right in front of their cars, so no opportunity to get a decent shot. Usually just the usual show attendees ruin it by standing in the way.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.