Thats a first in a long time. AP page four!

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 01/03/2011 - 12:17
Anyone seen the new (out today) AP Magazine?
Page fours is an advert only for Pentax K-5 (black AND silver) and K-R!
That's the first time I can recollect that someone actually is just promoting their Pentax sales on a whole page.
Would be nice if that is a sign to come and about time.
Maybe the rant from CG about AP being too one sided to the big two has at least some effect?
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 01/03/2011 - 12:25
SRS has half a page this time as well on page 90.
Thought it was a quite funny advert on page 24 for the FoI as it shows a BIG Canon stand in the advert with the header 'come and visit us' (also this advert has nothing to do with Canon) and on page 5 in the same issue is the header 'Shock as Canon pulls out of FoI'.
Maybe no-one informed the editor who put this issue together?
It would have made a better impression if they would have used a backdrop of someone who is actually attending.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

dangie

Link Posted 01/03/2011 - 12:54
SmutjeUK wrote:
..Maybe the rant from CG about AP being too one sided to the big two has at least some effect?

Unfortunately Pentax paying for an advert and AP praising Pentax are two separate issues..
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

dangie

Link Posted 02/03/2011 - 11:11
dangie wrote:
SmutjeUK wrote:
..Maybe the rant from CG about AP being too one sided to the big two has at least some effect?

Unfortunately Pentax paying for an advert and AP praising Pentax are two separate issues..

Apologies for being incorrect. Now I have the magazine in front of me I see it's not Pentax who put the advert in but Clifton Cameras. That's excellent. Good to see a retailer pushing a brand other than C&N.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.