Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Testing the MX SLR.

Posted 11/06/2022 - 16:53 Link
I have been out cycling to test the MX with a Black and white film, been waiting a while for my local shop to get Kodak Color Plus but gave in to be sold Ilford SP2 super 400, so out midday yesterday and same today. Bright sun meant I used filters, then the clouds disappeared.
The MX was treated to new light seals and mirror buffer, light oil lube (correct stuff) on the camera workings under the base plate.
Warning image heavy, lots of grain too. The shop digitised the photos but only to the minimum 4MB. As usual I have rushed these out, but the test of the MX was the objective and completed - thank you Lennybloke for a great camera.

1. Safe in the Harbour.
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

10. The Barbican area - it was busy, very busy so ducked around the back alleyways.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
LennyBloke
Posted 11/06/2022 - 17:14 Link
You're more than welcome - especially when I see you putting it to such good use
LennyBloke
AlJones2402
Posted 12/06/2022 - 00:18 Link
Great set of image's there. Ashamed to say not picked up either of my film camera's now in year's! ☹️
pschlute
Posted 12/06/2022 - 06:13 Link
Nice set. It is fun going back in time with a film camera. Now did you glance at the back of the camera after taking a picture ?
Posted 13/06/2022 - 13:16 Link
"Nice set. It is fun going back in time with a film camera. Now did you glance at the back of the camera after taking a picture ? "

Hmm, no I don't think so but then I only picked up a DigitalSLR two and a half years ago (not counting using a mobile).
Never used a digital camera between mid / late eighties to Aug/Sept 2019, a long break but did like the capabilities of mobiles when they arrived. Glad I decided to return to this hobby as Covid then started, kept me going Yup I was one of the peeps who said "what do you need a DSLR for when mobiles are just as good"
PS Lens used was SMC M 28mm mainly at f8 and 125th sec.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.