Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Tendrils

Lubbyman
Posted 25/09/2022 - 21:43 Link
Some bits of tendrils from the butternut squash plants that have been trying to take over the vegetable patch for the last few months. Removed from the plants and photographed indoors - trying to do it in situ would have required entering a tangled mass of vegetation that might have swallowed me whole and spat me out in a couple of weeks' time. All with K3 and focus stacked, of course.

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

And in case you are wondering, there are several ripening quashes ranging in size from sensible to totally, unreasonably vast.

1. With Laowa 25mm x2.5-5 macro at x4 magnification, stack of 121 images.
Comment Image

2. With Sigma 70mm macro at approx x1 magnification, stack of 19 images.
Comment Image

3. With Sigma 70mm macro at approx x1 magnification, stack of 31 images.
Comment Image

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 26/09/2022 - 02:01 Link
ooh, these are nice!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
LennyBloke
Posted 26/09/2022 - 10:53 Link
Quality images - I've mentioned it before but there's a difference between macro images that are just technically impressive and those that become enjoyable images too - these fall into the 2nd category for me. Great shooting Steve, well worth the effort
LennyBloke
takuman
Posted 26/09/2022 - 13:21 Link
I have not a clue how you do this, but I am impressed with the result.
Just passing thru
cardiffgareth
Posted 26/09/2022 - 19:10 Link
Really like No1 and 3 with the first pipping the latter to the post as I prefer the lighting
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.