tamron 500

gartmore
Posted 14/10/2007 - 23:48 Link
The Glasgow IMAX Cinema, *Ist DS with 500mm Tamron mirror thing, possibly the second image I would share from this lens in many years of ownership (in truth its probably the second time its been used).

Comment Image


RAW file converted using PSE5 defaults and nothing else
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
gartmore
Posted 14/10/2007 - 23:50 Link
Just to give a sense of scale this is 43mm from the 18-55

Comment Image
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Ammonyte
Posted 16/10/2007 - 16:20 Link
Is that a bullet hole in the top shot? (well it is Glasgow!) Looks pretty sharp, I thought mirror lenses were notoriously soft?
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Clarky
Posted 16/10/2007 - 22:06 Link
Quote:
Is that a bullet hole in the top shot? (well it is Glasgow!) Looks pretty sharp, I thought mirror lenses were notoriously soft?
I agree with Tim, I am surprised at thier sharpness.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
gartmore
Posted 21/10/2007 - 12:53 Link
It is pretty sharp and certainly look so on an A4ish print. However, I did use a hefty tripod and head with an even heavier Billingham bag tied to the centre column and of course the 2 second delay set up.

Glasgow isn't a gun crime place... that dent was caused by a knife

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
niblue
Posted 21/10/2007 - 13:32 Link
Quote:
Looks pretty sharp, I thought mirror lenses were notoriously soft?
I've got the Tokina 500mm F8 mirror and I was pleasantly surprised with its sharpness.
gartmore
Posted 21/10/2007 - 14:31 Link
I think that a lot of the criticism is due to unsteady tripods, mirror shake and in an awful lot of cases, aerial haze.

ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo