Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

TAMRAC

techno-terminator
Posted 21/06/2014 - 07:39 Link
Did anyone pick up earlier this year that Tamrac were in financial difficulty ?

This came into me this morning

link

Quote:
OGDEN, UT (June 18, 2014) – GuraGear, LLC, makers of innovative carrying solutions for discerning creative professionals has agreed to acquire the brand and assets of Tamrac, Inc. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court approved the sale through the Chapter 11, Section 363 Sale of Assets process. Tamrac entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in early 2014 and has a 37 year history of developing affordable carrying solutions for photographers.............

let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Algernon
Posted 21/06/2014 - 08:40 Link
techno-terminator wrote:
Did anyone pick up earlier this year that Tamrac were in financial difficulty ?
This came into me this morning

Quote:
OGDEN, UT (June 18, 2014) – GuraGear, LLC, makers of innovative carrying solutions for discerning creative professionals has agreed to acquire the brand and assets of Tamrac, Inc. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court approved the sale through the Chapter 11, Section 363 Sale of Assets process. Tamrac entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in early 2014 and has a 37 year history of developing affordable carrying solutions for photographers.............

A maker of innovative carrying solutions for discerning creative
professionals
has taken over a developer of affordable carrying
solutions for photographers

Do they mean BAGS Where I come from we call a spade a spade Non of this fancy American marketing speak

Link_to_the_Worlds_Largest_Spade

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 21/06/2014 - 08:41
mayday
Posted 21/06/2014 - 18:09 Link
"Gura Gear President, Gregory Schern stated, “this acquisition represents an exciting opportunity for Gura Gear to build upon a brand with a legacy of designing solutions for photographers and a dedicated customer following while leveraging worldwide distribution. We look forward to providing customers a high level of service and implementing solutions from a new perspective in a rapidly evolving industry.”"

Looking at the current Range of Gura Gear, I would suggest that the acquisition of Tamrac should give them a few pointers on how to produce a more rugged and better padded innovative carrying solutions!
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
techno-terminator
Posted 25/06/2014 - 19:41 Link
Here you go - it's now official

link
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Algernon
Posted 25/06/2014 - 20:04 Link
Gura Gear.... try saying that when you've got a gob of geer!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
alfpics
Posted 25/06/2014 - 23:03 Link
Whether they call them innovative carrying solutions or whatever, I hope they keep some of the style of tamrac bags; I've found them to suit my needs best overtime - and keep them affordable!
Andy

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.