Sunset on a rainy evening
Posted 05/11/2016 - 13:35
Link
Nice boat in the foreground of these would finish them off lovely
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 07/11/2016 - 09:46
Link
thank you Gareth but no shipping lanes near clear water lol what you see is what you get quite a plain beach if I revisit in the spring may be I could add some drift wood and retake the shot nearer the water front or if it's not raining add the life guard tower in the shot.
advice on how to improve this shot would be useful and greatly received
Pink
advice on how to improve this shot would be useful and greatly received
Pink
My Fluidr
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Posted 09/11/2016 - 10:39
Link
Revisiting these with fresh eyes!
1. I find myself scrolling the screen to keep in or chop out the sandy beach, I think I prefer it without, it has cleaner lines then. The muted colours I like.
2. It has a rather blue feel to it which in the sky is cool but the sand is also blue which then makes the whole scene feel not cold but wrong colour balanced. I'd take a grad filter in LR set to a hard edge, leave the exposure alone but increase the colour temp so to bring warmth back into the sand and make it back the right colour. I'm still in 2 minds about that fence!
1. I find myself scrolling the screen to keep in or chop out the sandy beach, I think I prefer it without, it has cleaner lines then. The muted colours I like.
2. It has a rather blue feel to it which in the sky is cool but the sand is also blue which then makes the whole scene feel not cold but wrong colour balanced. I'd take a grad filter in LR set to a hard edge, leave the exposure alone but increase the colour temp so to bring warmth back into the sand and make it back the right colour. I'm still in 2 minds about that fence!
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 14/11/2016 - 14:04
Link
I've updated this image and Capture one over the weekend
I had the wrong white balance selected. I've cropped the image to lose the fence, also I've added some exposure grads to improve the detail in the clouds
I've cloned out the rain spots so now I'm ready to print this image out but I would like your input first.

It did help to calibrate screen and printer (colourmonki photo) silly me for not doing it sooner
pink
I had the wrong white balance selected. I've cropped the image to lose the fence, also I've added some exposure grads to improve the detail in the clouds
I've cloned out the rain spots so now I'm ready to print this image out but I would like your input first.

It did help to calibrate screen and printer (colourmonki photo) silly me for not doing it sooner
pink
My Fluidr
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Posted 28/11/2016 - 13:40
Link
Gorgeous images!
Posted 28/11/2016 - 15:50
Link
I like the first one the best, subtle colour with that splash of orange giving it a boost. I'm impressed you carried all that kit with you.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1249 posts
17 years
Warwickshire
west coast, clear water I think that was the beach. Any way just as I started to set up the heavens opened up however I was standing under the life guard hut (lucky for me) as it rained about three inches in 30 min.
LEE ND FILTERS used and a tripod with remote shutter release
CC Please
Pink
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY