Sunset on a rainy evening

pink

Link Posted 05/11/2016 - 12:41
this was taken on my holiday to Florida.

west coast, clear water I think that was the beach. Any way just as I started to set up the heavens opened up however I was standing under the life guard hut (lucky for me) as it rained about three inches in 30 min.

LEE ND FILTERS used and a tripod with remote shutter release

CC Please
Pink
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

pink

Link Posted 05/11/2016 - 12:55
second sun set in clear water

My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/11/2016 - 13:35
Nice boat in the foreground of these would finish them off lovely
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

pink

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 09:46
thank you Gareth but no shipping lanes near clear water lol what you see is what you get quite a plain beach if I revisit in the spring may be I could add some drift wood and retake the shot nearer the water front or if it's not raining add the life guard tower in the shot.

advice on how to improve this shot would be useful and greatly received

Pink
My Fluidr

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 09/11/2016 - 10:39
Revisiting these with fresh eyes!

1. I find myself scrolling the screen to keep in or chop out the sandy beach, I think I prefer it without, it has cleaner lines then. The muted colours I like.

2. It has a rather blue feel to it which in the sky is cool but the sand is also blue which then makes the whole scene feel not cold but wrong colour balanced. I'd take a grad filter in LR set to a hard edge, leave the exposure alone but increase the colour temp so to bring warmth back into the sand and make it back the right colour. I'm still in 2 minds about that fence!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT

pink

Link Posted 14/11/2016 - 14:04
I've updated this image and Capture one over the weekend
I had the wrong white balance selected. I've cropped the image to lose the fence, also I've added some exposure grads to improve the detail in the clouds
I've cloned out the rain spots so now I'm ready to print this image out but I would like your input first.

It did help to calibrate screen and printer (colourmonki photo) silly me for not doing it sooner

pink
My Fluidr

Sandy1

Link Posted 28/11/2016 - 13:40
Gorgeous images!

RobL

Link Posted 28/11/2016 - 15:50
I like the first one the best, subtle colour with that splash of orange giving it a boost. I'm impressed you carried all that kit with you.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.