Sunset ICMs
Posted 24/10/2018 - 16:18
Link
1, 6 & 7 are the ones that wok best for me, but I really like the the narrow boarded that you have used on them all.
Phil
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 24/10/2018 - 17:17
Link
I can see the attraction of these. I like 5 and 7. Printed up large they would look really good.
But my dilemma is that ICM can produce a picture which is essentially abstract and could be produced by from scratch by a software program.
The jury is still out with me on this genre, but as I have said on other topics in a similar vein, without experimentation , art will not advance. So top marks for trying something new.
But my dilemma is that ICM can produce a picture which is essentially abstract and could be produced by from scratch by a software program.
The jury is still out with me on this genre, but as I have said on other topics in a similar vein, without experimentation , art will not advance. So top marks for trying something new.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 24/10/2018 - 18:27
Link
I still feel this type of image needs something reasonably sharp to stop them looking like errors, such as when forgetting to set a suitable shutter speed. I've got similar looking colour slides where I've done just that and no, they are not for publication! Perhaps panning a bird or aircraft in the sky with a slow shutter speed would solve it giving something of an impression of speeding home before the sun sets. In other words use the technique for a purpose rather than as an end in itself.
John K
Posted 24/10/2018 - 20:30
Link
What a sunset!
Posted 24/10/2018 - 21:49
Link
I'm liking these, good work. As ever with this kind of work you're going to divide opinion.
Posted 25/10/2018 - 12:56
Link
They work for me and I agree that they would look superb printed large and hung on a wall.
Regards,
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Posted 30/10/2018 - 18:45
Link
Lots of trial and error in this type of work I suppose - and lots of fun, including cropping and pp, which can probably get quite creative?
#1 is moody and gives me enough elements to figure out my own story. The panoramas work well, especially the last two (I think that's because they are not as tall as the the two above them).
Nice work.
#1 is moody and gives me enough elements to figure out my own story. The panoramas work well, especially the last two (I think that's because they are not as tall as the the two above them).
Nice work.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1547 posts
16 years
Wiltshire
Handheld (!)
Elements 11, crop & levels only.
All colours as were!
Thanks for looking.
Roger.