Sunagaor 500mm
Posted 05/06/2008 - 15:09
Link
might be worth a punt for £20, but I'll be very impressed if it's any good.
Even if it's optically fine, these old lenses tend to be big, heavy and slow. F8 will make it a pain to focus. You will need a sturdy tripod and you wont want to be lugging it around much.
Even if it's optically fine, these old lenses tend to be big, heavy and slow. F8 will make it a pain to focus. You will need a sturdy tripod and you wont want to be lugging it around much.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 05/06/2008 - 15:24
Link
if you can find a t mount adaptor for it and a tripod collar, it might get some use as a spotting scope or telescope, for the kids...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 05/06/2008 - 15:32
Link
It's got a tripod mount already. Sounds as though it may not be worth the hassel though - especially regarding the weight.
Cheers
Donut
Cheers
Donut
Posted 05/06/2008 - 17:25
Link
I used to have one of these 25 years ago
It's big and heavy, but reasonably sharp.
The problem I had with it was keeping it still - I never had a tripod heavy enough for the job.
If I were you, I would give it a miss...
R
It's big and heavy, but reasonably sharp.
The problem I had with it was keeping it still - I never had a tripod heavy enough for the job.
If I were you, I would give it a miss...
R
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


134 posts
19 years
North Wales
I've been given the chance to buy a Sunagor 500mm f8 telephoto lense with M42 mount and K mount converter. It's a "normal" telephoto rather than a mirror lens.
What are these lenses like? Anyone had any ecperience? They only want £20 so thought it worth a punt - but bearing in mind how large it is don't want it to just sit around in a draw not being used if it is not a reasonable lens.
Cheers
Donut