Suffolk Coast
Posted 17/02/2014 - 15:03
Link
3 and 5 are my favorites. I'm not a fan of processed clouds as in 2 but that's just me. Excellent quality overall.
Posted 17/02/2014 - 15:06
Link
I Like them all, but 5 my favourite. I see nothing long with long exposures for fast moving skies or waves.
Posted 17/02/2014 - 16:02
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I Like them all, but 5 my favourite.
+1I Like them all, but 5 my favourite.
For me the standout image here.
Posted 17/02/2014 - 16:31
Link
Good set, Tom. #1 and #5 are my favorites - prefer the more natural look in #1 and just the hint of movement in #5.
Philip
Philip
Posted 17/02/2014 - 18:55
Link
Thanks everyone for the comments. I will be re-visiting number 5 & hopefully get some nice cloud in it.
Posted 17/02/2014 - 19:49
Link
They are all very good exposures and superb compositions.
Posted 17/02/2014 - 21:20
Link
3 and 5 are the best for me 3 has a turgid and aggressive sea, but the sky is calm and natural, a perfect contrast. 5 has such interesting foreground elements and beautiful lighting, and the transition from horizon to deep blue sky is excellent.
I don't think the moving sky works - looks more like a zoom blur effect really, and I feel the compo in both these first boat shots is rather dull.
No 4 is effective with the moving grasses - but the very busy sky (& very bright left side) is competing for attention, and the bright inside of the boat looks unnaturally lit.
I don't think the moving sky works - looks more like a zoom blur effect really, and I feel the compo in both these first boat shots is rather dull.
No 4 is effective with the moving grasses - but the very busy sky (& very bright left side) is competing for attention, and the bright inside of the boat looks unnaturally lit.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 18/02/2014 - 21:58
Link
Thanks again.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


226 posts
14 years
All taken on the K3 & Sigma 10-20mm with various filters
1. 1/15th sec at f/11
Aldeburgh by tomh198218, on Flickr
2. 40 secs at f/8
Boat Long Exposure by tomh198218, on Flickr
3. 0.6 secs at f/8
Debris by tomh198218, on Flickr
4. 0.5 sec at f/8
Blustery by tomh198218, on Flickr
5. One from Walberswick on Sunday 2 secs at f/11
Worn by tomh198218, on Flickr
Feedback welcome
Cheers T