Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Strike while the iron's hot!

AndyElliott
Posted 01/02/2010 - 22:11 Link
I walked into Jacobs on New Oxford Street two weeks ago after returning my 3rd bag in 3 days (I’m a bit fussy) and there in the 2nd hand window was, sitting beside a K7 with 18-55 kit lens, a DA70 Ltd, a FA50 f1.4, a DA40 Ltd and a DA21 Ltd. All almost brand new, boxed and for what I thought were very good prices for a shop with their guarantees, etc., let alone eBay. The 70 & 21 were £279 each, the 40 was £225 and the 50 was £139. Even better, if I bought more than one, they’d give me 10% discount off the total. I thought about this all weekend and decided I’d go in and haemorrhage my credit card a bit further... and guess what... yep, they were all gone. Someone had bought them all, probably thinking, “I would need to be some sort of complete and utter fool not to snap this lot up". I don’t want to make my second post a bit of a downer but...
Andy
Mike-P
Posted 01/02/2010 - 22:17 Link
Owch, I would have bought the lot on the spot.
The possible profit on the 70, 21 and 50 would have meant the 40mm was basically a free lens.
gartmore
Posted 02/02/2010 - 08:28 Link
procrastination is the thief of time.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Mannesty
Posted 02/02/2010 - 08:45 Link
Mike-P wrote:
. . . I would have bought the lot on the spot . . .

No surprise there then Mike
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.