Street init

trickletreat

Link Posted 24/11/2011 - 21:44
This lad saw me taking pictures, asked if he could have a look, then struck a pose and said "Street init".

The ones I have posted so far from today , were portraits in my mind, so here's a go at 'street'...

Can't park there...

I keep humming 'Saturday night fever' to this one

two heads better than one...

Hug...

Not their thing...

Tangoed...

...and finally,

caught on camera

I hope you have enjoyed my posts today, I had a lot of fun and grew in confidence...either approaching people, or candid.
Thanks to 'cabstar' for the inspiration.

Nigel

RCA

Link Posted 24/11/2011 - 21:48
#4 is brilliantly creepy, really great pics and all have made me smile, thank you for posting them

Clare

milamber

Link Posted 25/11/2011 - 07:41
These are brilliant.

Proof that taking good photos lies in the photographer, not how much is spent on equipment. If I could have half the imagination you have shown here I'd be delighted.

cabstar

Link Posted 25/11/2011 - 09:14
Great set, pleased I inspired someone.

I love number 4 that background really adds to the final image.

But number 1 is great & shows what can be achieved by talking to people...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

trickletreat

Link Posted 25/11/2011 - 10:03
Cheers folks, the way I conducted myself felt right, and I was happy with the images that I saw and then captured.

Re no.4, glad you like the background, as I was transported to Hansel and Gretal, when I saw her and the candies, and they were integral to the image.
Nigel

sandinista

Link Posted 26/11/2011 - 12:19
Great set and well done, I've never found "street" easy. No1 and 3 are my favs, your style reminds me of erstwhile member Thougnton.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

PPG
Gear Not enough!!

Flickr
My not so new website

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:03
Yes they're very Thoughton-esque, including the use of titles! No 1 (although I don't like the crop) and no. 6 for me... No. 1 isolates the subject nicely and makes a nice candid portrait, and no. 6 has a good interaction between subject and onlookers. The others I find less striking - two heads would be lovely with just one head IMHO, she's got a wonderful face.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

trickletreat

Link Posted 26/11/2011 - 14:01
Cheers folks and thanks for comments.
I have checked Thougnton out, and he is still around. I have bookmarked his website, some interesting images.
Re the titles, hopefully they don't detract, just what's in my head when I click or review.
The two headed lady was very busy, and had gone when I returned to try some front on.
Nigel

japers45

Link Posted 26/11/2011 - 15:06
Hi Nigel (again) No offence to the subject but there is something grotesque about the lady in #4.

I like the photo a great deal although the clever "two heads" angle I find slightly distracting because she is so interesting to look at on her own. I would like to see this one in colour too- it looks like the background would possibly emphasise the oddness of the shot- its a bit David Lynch I think. I think you could really go for it with the vibrance slider.

On the whole they are a great set. Well done.

carkaci

Link Posted 27/11/2011 - 14:56
Great street shots So successful indeed
Regards;

Emre
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.