Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Street Furniture

MHOL190246
Posted 22/08/2023 - 14:20 Link
Way back in the early 1980s I attended an Open University Summer School at Westfield College. One afternoon we went out on a field trip around Hampstead where we were shown various places associated with the course that I was on. One thing stuck in my mind. Bollards! Not any old bollards but army surplus cannon from the Napoleonic Wars which had been repurposed as cast iron bollards and buried along the kerb edge muzzle down. You could even make out the part of the gun where the slow fuse would have been applied.

Since that Summer School I have taken a great interest in street furniture, which was why I selected this subject for the August competition. Sadly I seem to be alone in interest of the subject - the phrase 'gone down like a lead balloon,' seems appropriate. I am beginning to ponder what happens if, come 31 August, there are no entries. On the other hand someone might take pity on me!!!
johnriley
Posted 22/08/2023 - 15:21 Link
There will be at least two entries! Sue and myself will be sorting our entries for this over the next couple of days, and hopefully so will lots of other members!
Best regards, John
MHOL190246
Posted 22/08/2023 - 15:27 Link
John
Thanks

Michael
Flan
Posted 22/08/2023 - 17:23 Link
Not a tall at all Mhol, Ill be giving it a lash for sure to be sure
davidwozhere
Posted 22/08/2023 - 22:43 Link
I will go out with a camera on purpose!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
MHOL190246
Posted 23/08/2023 - 14:29 Link
Thanks all - looking forward to some challenging judging
Michael

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.