SRS Ad in latest AP!
Posted 02/05/2012 - 18:53
Link
I saw this and figured they'd sold most of the old priced stock and the new prices are not as competative so I guessed they were waiting for the market to even out before pushing Pentax again.
Could be wrong.
Regards
George
Could be wrong.
Regards
George
Posted 02/05/2012 - 19:39
Link
Not new John - if you check previous weeks you will see the same - I first noticed 2 or 3 weeks ago
Carl
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 02/05/2012 - 20:00
Link
I have also noted this for a couple of weeks or so.
The first omission of Pentax being the 21st April issue.
I thought at first it was just a change of their advertising space, just giving other brands an airing, but looking back at previous issues, they managed to include all brands in the same space, so it does look as if Pentax, is being dropped.
Take care.
The first omission of Pentax being the 21st April issue.
I thought at first it was just a change of their advertising space, just giving other brands an airing, but looking back at previous issues, they managed to include all brands in the same space, so it does look as if Pentax, is being dropped.
Take care.
Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Posted 02/05/2012 - 20:24
Link
Well the website is awash in Pentax and Chris H. has a lot invested in Pentax, not forgetting SRS as the official partner.
Why not PM Chris and ask about the apparent change in advertising policy :
Why not PM Chris and ask about the apparent change in advertising policy :
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 02/05/2012 - 23:06
Link
It's only speculation, but perhaps it means current stocks are indeed dwindling and something new is imminent?
Anyway, we know the answer - pick up the telephone!
Anyway, we know the answer - pick up the telephone!
Best regards, John
Posted 03/05/2012 - 00:54
Link
Mannesty wrote:
Makes good sense to me. AP readers probably buy more Canon & Nikon kit than Pentax. Simples.
And they'll buy even more now there's less Pentax advertised.Makes good sense to me. AP readers probably buy more Canon & Nikon kit than Pentax. Simples.
This is how monopolies evolve. Success breeds success. Failure breeds failure
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 03/05/2012 - 01:03
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
This is how monopolies evolve. Success breeds success. Failure breeds failure
Or even worse, duopolies.Mannesty wrote:
Makes good sense to me. AP readers probably buy more Canon & Nikon kit than Pentax. Simples.
And they'll buy even more now there's less Pentax advertised.Makes good sense to me. AP readers probably buy more Canon & Nikon kit than Pentax. Simples.
This is how monopolies evolve. Success breeds success. Failure breeds failure
Al
Posted 03/05/2012 - 11:22
Link
Hi All,
There is nothing sinister about the lack of Pentax product in the AP advert!
Magazine advertising can be a bit of a pain as copy is due 10-14 days before the advert comes out.
With the price changes, I didn't want an advert in print which was showing the incorrect prices, so I temporarily took out the Pentax section.
The latest advert due out next week has information about our Pentax hire scheme.
Rest assured we as committed to Pentax as we have always been!
Chris
There is nothing sinister about the lack of Pentax product in the AP advert!
Magazine advertising can be a bit of a pain as copy is due 10-14 days before the advert comes out.
With the price changes, I didn't want an advert in print which was showing the incorrect prices, so I temporarily took out the Pentax section.
The latest advert due out next week has information about our Pentax hire scheme.
Rest assured we as committed to Pentax as we have always been!
Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook
Posted 03/05/2012 - 20:42
Link
Are you sure Chris, are you really sure this isn't the end of the world for Pentax and your just letting us down slowly
Had the ad been changed over several issues I could have understood peoples concerns but for one? get a grip folks
PS; good job you didn't see me browsing Olympus Om bodies on ebay then
Had the ad been changed over several issues I could have understood peoples concerns but for one? get a grip folks
PS; good job you didn't see me browsing Olympus Om bodies on ebay then
Posted 03/05/2012 - 21:08
Link
Alan I think you mean olympic bodies
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1930 posts
17 years
W.London
Does this signal a change in SRS's marketing and support for Pentax?
John