Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Algernon

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:17
No need for posts like that.

SRS are 1st Class.

Maybe they don't like dealing with people who are
too lazy to use the CAPS/Shift key on their PC.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 27/10/2014 - 19:18

johnriley

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:22
SRS are very good to us and give great service. What did you have in mind that led to your post stu62?
Best regards, John

stu62

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:22
when you ask them for a price and are they intrested in some bits to trade in and all you get back is not intrested then what would you expect with the post i have just put up

stu62

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:24
maybe john its the person that read the email that i sent them

johnriley

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:26
I really don't know what I'd expect, it was a bit mysterious.

I would assume that they didn't feel the bits they were being offered would be of interest to them.

I can't get any more than that out of it. I don't accept anything as a trade, it has to be something I want.
Best regards, John

stu62

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 19:36
but you would have expected them to say this is how much it will all cost though

percy

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 21:21
I agree that SRS have always been very good. I've never had anything other than first class service from them, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

swarf

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 22:13
percy wrote:
I agree that SRS have always been very good. I've never had anything other than first class service from them, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

+ 1

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

MrB

Link Posted 27/10/2014 - 23:52
SRS are first rate.

I have bought lots of things from them, both new and used, from the shop, by mail order, and from eBay. The people there are a pleasure to deal with. I have also traded in some equipment for part-exchange deals and they have always valued them fairly.

Cheers.
Philip

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 28/10/2014 - 08:55
MrB wrote:
SRS are first rate.

I have bought lots of things from them, both new and used, from the shop, by mail order, and from eBay. The people there are a pleasure to deal with. I have also traded in some equipment for part-exchange deals and they have always valued them fairly.

Cheers.
Philip

I have bought new and second hand from them and sold stuff to them too. I normally ring them to ask for prices rather than rely on e-mail. They do seem more interested in more modern lenses, not really a place to sell your more obscure manual focus lenses. They have always given me a straight yes/no and price when I have rung, although sometimes they need to ring you back if the right member of staff is not available.
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

percy

Link Posted 28/10/2014 - 09:17
StephenHampshire wrote:
They do seem more interested in more modern lenses, not really a place to sell your more obscure manual focus lenses.

Which isn't really surprising - after all they are running a business and whatever they buy in must be fairly easily saleable.

I think some people have unreasonable expectations about the desirability/saleability of some older and more obscure things, and such items are usually better for offer on forums such as this or places like ebay.

techno-terminator

Link Posted 28/10/2014 - 09:24
I had an excellent experience when changing from the K-x to the K-30 - and they hadn't sold me the K-x !

I've bought quite a few bits and pieces from them - they've even gone so far as to do a trial pack of a bag they had in stock, putting in gear more or less identical to min, to see if it would fit before I bought the bag .

I got an excellent trade in price for the K-x and the whole process was easy.

I normally buy by phoning them - never had a problem , they give advice when I ask for it and the stuff arrives very very promptly - beautifully packed.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

wvbarnes

Link Posted 28/10/2014 - 10:19
I and my friends and family find them excellent.Chris is a great supporter of Pentax and this site.

I watch out for extra trade in rpomotions they have from time to time.

This Forum though is the best place to sell used equipment and you will probably get more, with or without Capitals in sentences.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.