Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

SRS & PU Membership Free Postage

PIRATE
Posted 14/01/2013 - 01:54 Link
Ahoy!

Unless I'm just getting confused, I thought there was some sort of PU membership 'benefit' when ordering from SRS in the form of free postage. So, to my surprise, I found the same item (Sigma AF 50-200mm DC OS HSM) on SRS's evilBay page for the same price as their website with free postage already offered to anyone. This begs the question 'where does the PU membership free delivery 'benefit' come into play' as it's already included for members and non-members alike on the auction site?

One other point of note is that assuming lenses are classified as 'electricals' then by clicking via TopCashBack should earn 30% or so from the vendors fees when buying off The Bay, but it seems a better option to buy via evilBay than from their website, but I just can't help wondering if the PU membership free postage was meant to be an exclusive 'benefit', but apparently it appears not. Hopefully the little zoom will be perfectly fine as the Tamron version is being sold by Currys for a shade under £90.00, but I used to own the Tammy and the regular Sigma 50-200mm DC and TBH, they're pretty good budget lenses as far as short zooms are concerned.
johnriley
Posted 14/01/2013 - 05:56 Link
The free shipping was an extra little bonus that we get all the time. It doesn't stop SRS making other offers in other areas.
Best regards, John
col55555ine
Posted 14/01/2013 - 07:35 Link
And the free postage has been there for years, this point about prices sometimes cheaper on That auction site has been raised before.
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash
walkeja
Posted 14/01/2013 - 10:10 Link
Funny you should say that, I've never had the "free postage" from them even after pointing it out to them on a couple of occasions! Why?
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
techno-terminator
Posted 14/01/2013 - 10:14 Link
I always get it - but I phone my order and the receipt comes marked with PUFM and my username .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
milamber
Posted 14/01/2013 - 10:20 Link
PIRATE wrote:
Ahoy!

Unless I'm just getting confused, I thought there was some sort of PU membership 'benefit' when ordering from SRS in the form of free postage. So, to my surprise, I found the same item (Sigma AF 50-200mm DC OS HSM) on SRS's evilBay page for the same price as their website with free postage already offered to anyone. This begs the question 'where does the PU membership free delivery 'benefit' come into play' as it's already included for members and non-members alike on the auction site?

One other point of note is that assuming lenses are classified as 'electricals' then by clicking via TopCashBack should earn 30% or so from the vendors fees when buying off The Bay, but it seems a better option to buy via evilBay than from their website, but I just can't help wondering if the PU membership free postage was meant to be an exclusive 'benefit', but apparently it appears not. Hopefully the little zoom will be perfectly fine as the Tamron version is being sold by Currys for a shade under £90.00, but I used to own the Tammy and the regular Sigma 50-200mm DC and TBH, they're pretty good budget lenses as far as short zooms are concerned.

When I buy from SRS I always check Ebay first - sometimes they have listings on there that aren't on the website and vice versa. Sometimes Ebay is cheaper, sometimes not. It doesn't bother me whether I get the free postage via Ebay or the website - SRS are still usually the best bet to buy from.

Using Quidco or Topcashback - it makes no odds what section you click through on - you get the cashback anyway. I've often used the 'clothing' or 'home and garden' links (especially when I'm in a hurry after spotting something ending soon!) when buying lenses and it still works fine.
Edited by milamber: 14/01/2013 - 10:20
Mike-P
Posted 14/01/2013 - 10:46 Link
That's one lens, SRS sell thousands of Pentax items that are not listed on EBay.
Edited by Mike-P: 14/01/2013 - 10:47
PIRATE
Posted 14/01/2013 - 14:52 Link
Well, it's ordered now, and the end result is the same, so SRS get more repeat business from mois (I scored a Tokina AF 19-35mm several months ago (new-old stock) which was offered at a crazy low price.
Mal
Posted 17/01/2013 - 16:13 Link
You get the free postage when buying online too , all you do is type that your a forum member plus your user name when your in check out.
Dave_Evanson
Posted 19/01/2013 - 18:44 Link
Mal wrote:
You get the free postage when buying online too , all you do is type that your a forum member plus your user name when your in check out.

Same here – I have placed a lot of orders with SRS via their website over the last few years and always got the free postage.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.