Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Spring 2017 album

wvbarnes
Posted 21/05/2017 - 17:35 Link
Hi all,

I figured out some time ago that you only get to be a better photographer if you actually get out regularly taking plenty of photos.

With this in mind I've been trying my hardest to take my camera with me most days this spring (rain and shine) and have ended up with a twelve week album of walks mainly in our local park here in Derbyshire. 25 years ago this was an ugly open cast mine. Some of you have seen my progress in progress via my link on the PU gallery.

I've tried to capture all the available wildlife and flora, when the dogs let me. Much the usual stuff in an urban to ruralpark but Kingfishers in March were quite a treat though.

I hope you enjoy it. Off to Madeira next week. My Google Photo Album: https://goo.gl/photos/Pi2ySBmg4Jjisszt8

I've moved from K3 to a K3 II recently with a much better success rate. I've continued to use the new 55 - 300 PLM lens as my main walk around lens.
cabstar
Posted 21/05/2017 - 19:07 Link
Some fab stuff in there and whilst I agree the more you shoot the better you get I think you're putting some pressure on yourself and posting a few images that fall a little short of the really good stuff you have posted.

I think to become a really good photographer you have to understand what makes a really good image and why it makes a really good image and then your galleries will really stand out. As I said though some fab stuff in there

Enjoy your trip and can't wait to see what you come back with
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Edited by cabstar: 21/05/2017 - 19:08
wvbarnes
Posted 21/05/2017 - 19:54 Link
Thanks Gary,

I could have edited down to a dozen pics but in this case my idea was a little different. I actually took a couple of thousand pics over the tree months with a daily edit that i tried to discipline my self to doing within 24 hours.

On return I'll go back to offering an image at a time on the gallery. Most trips abroad I hope to (at best) get three or four worth showing off.

Your input greatly appreciated.
wvbarnes
Posted 21/05/2017 - 20:37 Link
Edited down to remove a few family 'snaps' and 'just because it was the one i saw' pics. A Jay in undergrowth was such an example and one or two birds flitting off (not sharp enough). I'm aware this is not the normal 'select set' approach but I wanted to try something different.

wvbarnes wrote:
Thanks Gary,

I could have edited down to a dozen pics but in this case my idea was a little different. I actually took a couple of thousand pics over the tree months with a daily edit that i tried to discipline my self to doing within 24 hours.

On return I'll go back to offering an image at a time on the gallery. Most trips abroad I hope to (at best) get three or four worth showing off.

Your input greatly appreciated.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.