Spotmatic Pics (trial upload ! )
Posted 09/01/2007 - 18:28
Link
can't beat the old Spotmatics eh? and the Takumars are still among the best lenses you can get. I saw a test recently (wish I could remember the URL) SMC Tak 50 1.4 vs Canon 50mm F1.8. The Canon never stood a chance.
The Sepia shot is lovely, really goes well with that old film feel (personally I don't think either film or digital is really better, just different).
The Sepia shot is lovely, really goes well with that old film feel (personally I don't think either film or digital is really better, just different).
Posted 09/01/2007 - 18:39
Link
Well done Peter!
Nice to see some of your shots on here, not just in the PU mag.
I too really like your sepia shot, it suits the subject perfectly - not so keen on the Henley one, but probably just because it's simply not 'my kind of picture'.
Can't wait to se some more now you've got the hang of it.
Dan
Nice to see some of your shots on here, not just in the PU mag.
I too really like your sepia shot, it suits the subject perfectly - not so keen on the Henley one, but probably just because it's simply not 'my kind of picture'.
Can't wait to se some more now you've got the hang of it.
Dan
Posted 22/03/2007 - 08:00
Link
Peter
if you do not mind me asking, what scanner did you use? - any advice on scanners - presumably it is better to scan slides or negatives?
The subject, (scanning), is new to me
Regards
if you do not mind me asking, what scanner did you use? - any advice on scanners - presumably it is better to scan slides or negatives?
The subject, (scanning), is new to me
Regards
Cheers
Bill
Bill
Posted 22/03/2007 - 08:02
Link
Very nice picture of Clovelly. The treatment is perfect for the subject.
Best regards, John
Posted 22/03/2007 - 12:50
Link
I wish I could fly you guys over her to show these kids in my college class how to do it.
they get so hung up on equipment, and don't seem to grasp the idea that it's the skill and quality of photographer, that makes an image.
love the sepia.
they get so hung up on equipment, and don't seem to grasp the idea that it's the skill and quality of photographer, that makes an image.
love the sepia.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 29/03/2007 - 16:48
Link
Paragon : Just found your query, I thought everyone had finished with these pics! Well, when I was given this computer by sister-in-law it came with a flatbed PRINTS ONLY scanner, then I did some free processing for a broke friend at the camera club and he gave me an Epson Perfection 1650 A4 scanner with the light above the glass and a home-made cardboard cut-out thing to scan 6x6 format as well as the proper plastic holder for 35mm in strips of 6 and on the other side 4 holders for mounted 2x2 slides. He put on the software for me. It does do 16-on medium format well, 6x6 and 6x7 ( very diffficult as a box keeps coming up saying 'cannot locate film, please try again when the film is right UNDER the light - stupid thing! ) I was shown how to scan using it manually. I'm not sure about the resolution settings; how high to scan when the final image is only to be shown on a computer screen; I do them at 300 ppi and downsize to 72 ppi resolution.The original scanner I use still for PRINTS and do the same. I hope I am doing it right.
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Posted 29/03/2007 - 19:07
Link
Peter,
Love the composition and tone of the sepia picture.
Mike
Love the composition and tone of the sepia picture.
Mike
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


930 posts
21 years
Brentwood Essex (UK)
[Open Image] [Hosted by PhotoGalaxy.com]
[Open Image] [Hosted by PhotoGalaxy.com]
At LAST ! I seem to have cracked how to get pics into this site Forum !
Clovelly: 24mm f3.5 SMC Takumar, Konica 200 ASA film, neg scanned, image fiddled in photoshop to remove some 'modern' stuff then toned.
Lady with Umbrella at Henley Regatta: 105mm SMC Takumar, Perutz Slide film scanned.
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!