Spotmatic - Loose faceplate?

johnha
Posted 24/05/2012 - 22:29 Link
Hi All,

I've acquired a Spotmatic which has a loose faceplate (the plate around the lens mount). The mount itself is secure. Does anybody know how the plate is secured (I can't see any obvious attachment points - although I haven't taken it apart yet).

John.
Hardgravity
Posted 24/05/2012 - 22:45 Link
If I remember right, there's a couple of screws under the leatherette either side of the mount.

Hope that helps.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
johnha
Posted 24/05/2012 - 22:56 Link
Thanks HG. To clarify, it's just the chrome cover with the FP & X flash engravings. The black plastic behind is secure.
Hardgravity
Posted 27/05/2012 - 15:56 Link
Yep, the screws under the leatherette hold the various panels and plates in place.

There's also a couple of 'shim' washers behind the plates so don't unscrew them.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo