Spare battery
Posted 09/08/2013 - 13:04
Link
As you can see from those figures, the Pentax battery is the only one that's up to spec, the others are a long way adrift.
I would only ever buy original Pentax batteries.
Also bear in mind that leaking from other batteries might well invalidate your warranty.
I would only ever buy original Pentax batteries.
Also bear in mind that leaking from other batteries might well invalidate your warranty.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/08/2013 - 13:14
Link
I've used Hahnel batteries for several makes of camera, including 2 Pentax dslr's, over the last 15 years or so and have never had a problem or noticed any difference in performance over the branded ones. I'm not sure that lab based tests are always a good indicator. Others might have different experiences, but I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
Posted 09/08/2013 - 13:19
Link
Quite pleased with my third party battery. I bought two, which combined with the Pentax original, i find that plenty of juice for a whole day out and about shooting.
Ideal world i would have original batteries but they are so costly. And Chris says, in real world use i cannot see any huge difference between the two.
Ideal world i would have original batteries but they are so costly. And Chris says, in real world use i cannot see any huge difference between the two.
Posted 09/08/2013 - 13:23
Link
well Hahnel delivers what promises according those tests, that's why it looked for me the best among the 3rd parties.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


597 posts
14 years
Southsea
I wonder if the Hahnel HL-PL90 (D-Li90) Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery can be considered a good alternative http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/shopping_cart.php or I must pay all the money needed for the original one :/
there are some tests here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2924664