Spad's latest astro!
Posted 10/05/2025 - 20:03
Link
Wow, amazing pictures of a fantastic subject.
Posted 10/05/2025 - 20:54
Link
I'm sat in awe:
1. of the quality of the images you produce
2. your skill and ability
Best regards
1. of the quality of the images you produce
2. your skill and ability
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 10/05/2025 - 23:05
Link
Impressive photos again.... but of what? Great clouds of stuff floating through space? Or the remains of the smoke from the recent conclave in Rome, hovering in the stratosphere??
Would I be right in thinking that what makes the Askar FMA180 Pro APO Sextuplet Astrograph 180mm f4.5 lens so good for astro is that it's optimised for very distant objects? Much the same in principle as a Sigma 180mm f3.5 EX APO macro lens being good for macro because it's optimised for close objects? So you'd be perfectly justified in owning three 180mm lenses, one for normal use, one optimised for macro, one optimised for astro, just a matter of remembering which one to put in the bag when you go out.
Steve
Would I be right in thinking that what makes the Askar FMA180 Pro APO Sextuplet Astrograph 180mm f4.5 lens so good for astro is that it's optimised for very distant objects? Much the same in principle as a Sigma 180mm f3.5 EX APO macro lens being good for macro because it's optimised for close objects? So you'd be perfectly justified in owning three 180mm lenses, one for normal use, one optimised for macro, one optimised for astro, just a matter of remembering which one to put in the bag when you go out.
Steve
Posted 11/05/2025 - 10:49
Link
Thank you everyone!
These clouds of stuff are the building blocks of the universe! Our nearest nebula is Orion, that is a stellar nursery where stars are born. As is M16 Eagle Nebula, this is where the fabled Pillars of Creation are!
Lubbyman wrote:
Impressive photos again.... but of what? Great clouds of stuff floating through space? Or the remains of the smoke from the recent conclave in Rome, hovering in the stratosphere??
Would I be right in thinking that what makes the Askar FMA180 Pro APO Sextuplet Astrograph 180mm f4.5 lens so good for astro is that it's optimised for very distant objects? Much the same in principle as a Sigma 180mm f3.5 EX APO macro lens being good for macro because it's optimised for close objects? So you'd be perfectly justified in owning three 180mm lenses, one for normal use, one optimised for macro, one optimised for astro, just a matter of remembering which one to put in the bag when you go out.
Steve
Yes.... they're both Apochromatic so the SA & CA have been corrected. So as you say.... they're corrected for close up and very far off!Impressive photos again.... but of what? Great clouds of stuff floating through space? Or the remains of the smoke from the recent conclave in Rome, hovering in the stratosphere??
Would I be right in thinking that what makes the Askar FMA180 Pro APO Sextuplet Astrograph 180mm f4.5 lens so good for astro is that it's optimised for very distant objects? Much the same in principle as a Sigma 180mm f3.5 EX APO macro lens being good for macro because it's optimised for close objects? So you'd be perfectly justified in owning three 180mm lenses, one for normal use, one optimised for macro, one optimised for astro, just a matter of remembering which one to put in the bag when you go out.
Steve
These clouds of stuff are the building blocks of the universe! Our nearest nebula is Orion, that is a stellar nursery where stars are born. As is M16 Eagle Nebula, this is where the fabled Pillars of Creation are!
Posted 11/05/2025 - 11:05
Link
As said above, awesome etc. I,m tempted to look at the 180 lens but I wouldn't know what to do with it! plus it's always cloudy - that's my excuse!
Posted 11/05/2025 - 11:19
Link
loadoftripe wrote:
As said above, awesome etc. I,m tempted to look at the 180 lens but I wouldn't know what to do with it! plus it's always cloudy - that's my excuse!
Would you run it in the Astro tracer thingy in camera?
As said above, awesome etc. I,m tempted to look at the 180 lens but I wouldn't know what to do with it! plus it's always cloudy - that's my excuse!
Posted 11/05/2025 - 12:22
Link
Would you run it in the Astro tracer thingy in camera?[/quote]I've no idea. I couldn't pursue my temptation as too many handicaps, plus I like my sleep!
Posted 11/05/2025 - 14:02
Link
Very impressive!
Posted 12/05/2025 - 00:26
Link
These just blow one's mind. That lot represents the umpteenth time all those elements have been recycled - and that includes every last component of ourselves !!
Posted 12/05/2025 - 07:21
Link
As ever I am blown away by these images, great work Spad
Stephen
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1375 posts
18 years
First two are wide field shots taken with my new toy. An Askar FMA180 Pro APO Sextuplet Astrograph. This thing is mega! 180mm focal, 40mm aperture at f4.5. It is an absolute gem. For anyone wanting a small telescope to slap on your camera, then look no further than one of these! You will need an M48 T Ring tho!
The last one was took with my big refractor!
North American & Pelican Nebulae
Sadr Region of the constellation Cygnus
Wizard Nebula