Some Trees
Posted 04/01/2018 - 00:02
Link
That's a lovely and carefully considered set Bill. Using a tripod certainly slows you down and makes you really think about detail and composition. I particularly like No.5 with the rusty fence, a nice touch that.
For years I avoided using tripods at all because for 95% of the time they didn't suit my shooting style which involves me being on the move and reacting quickly to opportunities, particularly in street photography. But I started using one a couple of years back and found it improved the quality of my images when visiting the railway museum at Shildon for instance. I've started using lower ISOs, smaller apertures, using the live view and taking time to pick out detail. There's no rush there, museum exhibits, like trees, don't suddenly walk away from you.
David
For years I avoided using tripods at all because for 95% of the time they didn't suit my shooting style which involves me being on the move and reacting quickly to opportunities, particularly in street photography. But I started using one a couple of years back and found it improved the quality of my images when visiting the railway museum at Shildon for instance. I've started using lower ISOs, smaller apertures, using the live view and taking time to pick out detail. There's no rush there, museum exhibits, like trees, don't suddenly walk away from you.
David
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1357 posts
14 years
Best
Immersive
BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook