Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Some more old Astons

pschlute
Posted 17/08/2022 - 16:55 Link
I know some of these images are not particularly good photographically, but it is never easy to get what one would desire at events like these where cars are parked close together and people are milling around.

Comment ImageComment Image
IMGP5742 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr" class="comment_image" />

Comment Image
IMGP5732 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP5736 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP5740 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
LennyBloke
Posted 17/08/2022 - 17:12 - Helpful Comment Link
pschlute wrote:
I know some of these images are not particularly good photographically, but it is never easy to get what one would desire at events like these where cars are parked close together and people are milling around.

Can't agree with you on this Peter - I know we often yearn for the perfect angle, the perfect background, the perfect lighting, etc. but at events like this we work with what is in front of us, and IMO you have used all the elements really well! On the 2nd image you have picked an aperture that highlights the dashboard and puts the passers by out of focus. The 3rd image probably works better with the car flanked by the man and woman. The 4th image again showcases the main subjects yet sets them against the mass of people and cars. I think you are underestimating your skills

p.s. The 1st shot is superb too
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 17/08/2022 - 17:19 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
The 3rd image probably works better with the car flanked by the man and woman. The 4th image again showcases the main subjects yet sets them against the mass of people and cars

Yes I was thinking in terms of the last one, but the the two Silver Birch cars together were too good not to include.

I agree with the third image too. I got fed up crouched down waiting for them to move so took the shot anyway, but in the end they added something to the shot. As if they had just got out of their car and were heading to the clubhouse for a g+t !
Posted 17/08/2022 - 18:03 - Helpful Comment Link
+1 With LennyBloke on this re. perfect lighting, shape etc. These are cracking images. They show cars obviously loved and cherished by their owner(s). I do like the dashboard image, so old school.
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
pschlute
Posted 17/08/2022 - 18:38 Link
Urbanmeister wrote:
I do like the dashboard image, so old school.

So old school, I would not know what to do with the levers on the steering column.

Gear change ?
OldTaffy
Posted 18/08/2022 - 18:13 Link
pschlute wrote:
Urbanmeister wrote:
I do like the dashboard image, so old school.

So old school, I would not know what to do with the levers on the steering column.

Gear change ?

I think one is a hand throttle, the other will advance or retard the ignition timing. I have never had to deal with anything like this, but I seem to remember that these levers were fairly common on pre-war sports cars.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
cardiffgareth
Posted 21/08/2022 - 19:38 Link
Nice, some serious money there. Agree with the comment re cars being close together and it being difficult to make sense from the chaos.
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.