So Where's The Vignette?
Posted 22/09/2026 - 21:57
Link
Looks very good. Can the vignette be corrected with software?
Posted 22/09/2026 - 22:33
Link
smc wrote:
Looks very good. Can the vignette be corrected with software?
It does look very good.
Looks very good. Can the vignette be corrected with software?
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 23/09/2026 - 08:00
Link
Some very beautiful and moody images. I am really drawn to images 1,2 & 4.
Stephen
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
645Z, K1, K1ii, K3iii + mono, K3ii, K3,KP, K-S1, K200D,K10D, K-r, Ist* DL, Ist* D, QS-1 plus too many film bodies !
Flickr Page
Photocrowd Page
Posted 23/09/2026 - 08:13
Link
Nicely shot Steve, I really like #3 for its simplicity and it would do well with a tighter crop.
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 23/09/2026 - 14:04
Link
They are a lovely set Steve and they do show that this converter is excellent with some (most?) lenses - I've had results from the converter where there is some vignetting and that is not always a problems to reduce/remove, but the image quality can suffer towards the edges. A little forward thinking could have resulted in a DFA converter (even though FF lenses weren't in production at that time, it was being considered/planned) to satisfy old FF, DA and future DFA lenses. Results like these illustrate how close they were to a universal converter
LennyBloke
Posted 23/09/2026 - 17:14
Link
Where's the vignette? Here it is for a couple of lenses . Photos of the sky @ f8. It looks like a simple fix for PP but I haven't tried yet.
DA 300mm f4 + 1.4TC

DFA 70-210mm f4 @ 210mm + 1.4TC

DFA 70-210mm f4 @ 70mm + 1.4TC

And now for one which surprised me. The variation in brightness across the frame was natural variation across the sky, I could see it with my Mk I eyeballs. So where is the vignette?? (It's a bit of the guttering in the top LH corner, not strange vignetting )
FA28mm + 1.4TC

What the image quality is like in the corners remains to be seen...
Steve
DA 300mm f4 + 1.4TC

DFA 70-210mm f4 @ 210mm + 1.4TC

DFA 70-210mm f4 @ 70mm + 1.4TC

And now for one which surprised me. The variation in brightness across the frame was natural variation across the sky, I could see it with my Mk I eyeballs. So where is the vignette?? (It's a bit of the guttering in the top LH corner, not strange vignetting )
FA28mm + 1.4TC

What the image quality is like in the corners remains to be seen...
Steve
Posted 23/09/2026 - 21:56
Link
Considering I've started to crop a lot more, I think these vignetting results are perfectly workable.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 24/09/2026 - 08:10
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
I think these vignetting results are perfectly workable.
That's my view, too. IQ might tell a different story, but poor IQ in the corners might be OK for some subjects (as in the photos that started this thread). Something to investigate during the dull winter months, perhaps...I think these vignetting results are perfectly workable.
Steve
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2975 posts
18 years
South Dorset
1.
2.
3.
4.
OK, OK, I cheated!!!
But it really isn't too bad with the right subject and can be used creatively if you know what to expect .
Steve