Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Snowdon sunrise from this morning

simonkit
Posted 07/04/2013 - 20:32 Link
Early start this morning (4.30) to catch the sunrise, good job I arrived early as only managed 40 minutes of decent lighting until the cloud descended, here are the shots, tried a mono conversion

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
doingthebobs
Posted 07/04/2013 - 21:34 Link
I think number 2 gets my vote. I like the cloud, adds to the picture.

A bit less snow than last week.
Bob
Stuey
Posted 07/04/2013 - 21:34 Link
Very nice indeed Simon

I had considered going yesterday but decided against it thinking that near home we still had some snow related parking issues on the higher ground and as such decided that around Snowdonia there may be similar issues - so I stayed at home

Looks like you had better light today though

Cheers

Stu
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
simonkit
Posted 07/04/2013 - 21:46 Link
The snow is definitely on the melt Bob although compared to here in North East Wales Snowdonia didn't really have that much, I think it was only really Pen Y Pass where the orad conditions were tricky after the falls.

Stuey..only had good light for 40 minutes until the cloud descended, rest of the day was poor..I bumped into a fellow tog how told me saturday was glorious all day...I'm used to travelling there and back without one decent photo because of the weather conditions though so happy I managed a few, especially considering that I've been trying to catch a snowy/reflection photo at Llynnau Mymbyr for about 5 years!!

Simon
Stuey
Posted 07/04/2013 - 21:49 Link
It's good that you did such a good job having waited 5 years for this
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Blythman
Posted 08/04/2013 - 07:17 Link
Certainly seems to have been worth it Simon
Alan

PPG
Flickr
stub
Posted 08/04/2013 - 09:57 Link
Fabulous !!! Simon. Gorgeous part of the country, and you have brought it right to my screen.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
philstaff
Posted 08/04/2013 - 10:36 Link
Looks to be more detail in the sky in the bw pic but both work well.

Ian
Posted 09/04/2013 - 08:08 Link
Early morning got you some great looking shots. These are really amazing photos.
simonkit
Posted 09/04/2013 - 12:10 Link
Thanks everyone...the shot which I converted to B&W was one of the last ones before the cloud fully descended which explains the extra detail in the sky

Simon

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.