SMC PentaxM 3.5/135?
Posted 20/12/2010 - 02:51
Link
I've got a Pentax 135mm f/2.5 which I recently picked up. I've only had a brief play but I'm highly impressed. if it's anything like it then you gotta cool lens
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 20/12/2010 - 10:17
Link
Lovely lens, one of the best 135mm's you can buy.
I often find the f/3.5 models are just as good as the faster lenses but are lighter and more compact. It also happens to be a nice focal length on digital.
I often find the f/3.5 models are just as good as the faster lenses but are lighter and more compact. It also happens to be a nice focal length on digital.
Joining the Q
Posted 20/12/2010 - 10:23
Link
I have one of these- a great little lens, just one con- minimum focus distance.Interesting reviews here-
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-M-135mm-F3.5-Lens.html
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-M-135mm-F3.5-Lens.html
Posted 20/12/2010 - 10:25
Link
It's a great little lens, very compact, sharp wide open, built-in (slightly flimsy but useful) hood.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 21/12/2010 - 01:05
Link
Thanks for responding everyone. Very encouraging!
Can't wait to try it (over Christmas).
Hefty, I'll be using it with my (relatively recently) thoroughly CLA'd Asahi Pentax MX.
Can't wait to try it (over Christmas).
Hefty, I'll be using it with my (relatively recently) thoroughly CLA'd Asahi Pentax MX.
Posted 21/12/2010 - 10:31
Link
In which case it will be a joy to use too - the M series are fabulous lenses but a little fiddly on digital.
Joining the Q
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


155 posts
17 years
Oz
on Friday, I picked up a copy of the above lens in "Excellent" condition.
Unfortunately, due to unseasonal weather conditions, I have not, as yet, managed to give it a whirl in the field.
Anyone out there own one? Any comments?
Thanks