SMC-DA 14mm F2.8

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 12/10/2011 - 20:23
All,

Does 329 seem a good price for a second-hand DA 14mm F2.8 without, it would appear, the lens hood?

The local camera store has one in, and I am thinking about it. I would prefer the hood as well, especially the cost for a replacement.

Thoughts please.
Some Cameras

japers45

Link Posted 12/10/2011 - 21:57
Sounds like you need to drive a hard bargain on this one.

I've done plenty of negotiation in my working life and regardless of the price I think you need to make a cheeky offer.

I sometimes wonder how things like lens hoods go missing- this ain't a cheap lens new and if I owned it it would live on a bed of peacock feathers! Maybe its been maltreated.I'd be proceeding with caution.

At 329 you cant be far off a used 15mm ltd. Not as fast but at this focal length may not be crucial and it is a ltd!

It would be good if you could "steal" it for about 270.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 13/10/2011 - 13:39
I would echo Japers45comments about negotiating on the price - it's not a bad price at all, but "if you don't ask, you don't get"! If it's the one in LCE then it's been there a good few weeks (if not months) so they may well drop the price.

The hood is virtually essential, so you can use the lack of a hood as part of your bargaining.

It's an excellent lens, I've had one a few years (paid more than that for it ) - I might be selling mine in a few weeks as I've just got a DA 15mm f4 Limited (still comparing them before deciding which to keep) - 349 is the price I would start at with the expectation of reasonable offers above the 300 mark.
LennyBloke

Transit

Link Posted 13/10/2011 - 20:39
I have this great lens. Always use the hood for protection as well as the usual purpose
Offer them your friday price !
GL
Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/10/2011 - 09:46
I see the one in LCE Manchester is now 289 - an excellent price (assuming the condition is good)
LennyBloke

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 18/10/2011 - 18:06
LennyBloke wrote:
I see the one in LCE Manchester is now 289 - an excellent price (assuming the condition is good)

Thats the one!

Not been to LCE since my initial post, been too busy.
Some Cameras

Transit

Link Posted 19/10/2011 - 00:11
I'd like to point out the DA is superb for vegetables pics though quite hefty one handed

K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Last Edited by Transit on 19/10/2011 - 00:17
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.