SMC-A / SMC FA?

rolart
Posted 04/11/2009 - 19:31 Link
Hello

Could somebody help me?
I am a little bit confused about the difference between SMC-A and SMC FA 645 lenses.
What stands "A" for?
What stands "FA" for?

Thanks for help
rolart
MattMatic
Posted 04/11/2009 - 20:18 Link
"A" is (manual focus), auto Aperture
"FA" is auto Focus, auto Aperture.

Hope that helps!
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Edited by MattMatic: 04/11/2009 - 20:19
rolart
Posted 04/11/2009 - 20:42 Link
Thanks for help - and does the 645N body support autofocus, or only the 645NII body?
rolart
womble
Posted 04/11/2009 - 22:10 Link
They are both autofocus.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
rolart
Posted 04/11/2009 - 23:13 Link
Thanks for information.
In this case I am also looking for a smc fa 55mm.
Is it possible that only smc-a 55mm lenses were made?
Couldn't find any fa 55mm.
hefty1
Posted 04/11/2009 - 23:34 Link
There has been no FA55mm 645 lens, however, the mock ups of the forthcoming 645D wear a new 55mm lens. I don't know what name the new lenses will be given (FA55mm 645D or something?) but they'll certainly have the old 645 bayonet mount. Depends if you're in a hurry because it may still be some while off...
Joining the Q
rolart
Posted 05/11/2009 - 00:04 Link
Hi hefty1
645D - maybe next year?
I've seen that you have a Zeiss Flektogon 35.
I have in mind to buy a used 20mm Flektogon.
Have you heard anything about the (super)-wide-angle?
Are you satisfy with your 35mm?
Cameralucida
Posted 05/11/2009 - 06:40 Link
Hi Rolart,
A website with all the information about everything Pentax ever made is at http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/
rolart
Posted 05/11/2009 - 10:31 Link
Hi Cameralucida
Do you also know a list for the 645 (FA) lenses ever made?
This one is only for SLR lenses.
Thanks
hefty1
Posted 05/11/2009 - 10:49 Link
Hello rolart.

There are rumours that the 645D may be with us by next Spring, but then we've heard similar rumours before and we're still waiting...

Regarding the 20mm Flektogon; it's one of the few M42 lenses that hasn't passed through my hands at some point! I buy a lot of photographic job lots at local auctions, keep the bits I want and put the rest on eBay. I've had 6 Flektogon 35's, 4 Pancolar 50's, a dozen or more Sonnar 135's and over 20 Tessar 50's come and go (I've just kept the best example of each for myself) - my eyes are always peeled for a Flektogon 20 (and a Pancolar 80) but I'm not prepared to pay eBay prices for one so I'll keep on waiting.

All the CZJ lenses are good performers optically in my opinion, the Sonnar 135 being probably my favourite M42 lens of all those I've tried (across all brands). The Flektogon 35 is a great lens so I've no reason to think the 20mm version would be any different. One thing to watch for with all of these (other than the obvious scratches / fungus / stuck iris / etc) are the "electric" versions - I find the contacts that protrude from the rear can get stuck on the protruding parts of the Pentax mount (the AF screw and the bayonet lock) making mounting and dismounting quite tricky, better to stick to the regular "automatic" versions if you can.

Hope that helps!
Joining the Q
Anvh
Posted 05/11/2009 - 11:39 Link
hefty1 wrote:
I don't know what name the new lenses will be given (FA55mm 645D or something?)
The new lens name would be D-FA645
There would be a 55mm and a wide angle lens coming with or shortly after the launch of the 645D.

rolart wrote:
Hi Cameralucida
Do you also know a list for the 645 (FA) lenses ever made?
link
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 05/11/2009 - 11:41
gartmore
Posted 06/11/2009 - 09:51 Link
Cameralucida wrote:
Hi Rolart,
A website with all the information about everything Pentax ever made is at http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/
Not so, I'm afraid. That site is only K mount so no 645, 67 or M42 mount equipment.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
rolart
Posted 06/11/2009 - 10:13 Link
Hi Gartmore

I do have one for selling! 6x7 body with a 75mm and 135mm macro lens and some accessory.
Let me know if it's getting serious.
Enclose a 360 degree panorama of my studio in Zurich/Switzerland, done with the 6x7.
http://www.faesser.com/welcome/PANO/PANOfaesser.html
enlarge your browser - click and drag
Cameralucida
Posted 11/11/2009 - 07:31 Link
Hi gartmore and rolart,
Yes, sorry.
Of course that site only lists Pentax K mount
speters
Posted 23/02/2010 - 08:00 Link
Hi Rolart,
here's the list, enjoy:
SMC Pentax-A 645 35mm f/3.5
SMC Pentax-FA 645 35mm f/3.5 AL(IF) - new optical design
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 45mm f/2.8
SMC Pentax-A 645 55mm f/2.8
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 75mm f/2.8
SMC Pentax-A 645 LS 75mm f/2.8
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 MACRO 120mm f/4
SMC Pentax-A 645 LS 135mm f/4
SMC Pentax-A 645 150mm f/3.5
SMC Pentax-FA 645 150mm f/2.8 IF - new optical design
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 300mm f/5.6 ED(IF)
SMC Pentax-A and FA*645 300mm f/4 ED(IF)
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED(IF)
SMC Pentax-A*645 600mm f/5.6 ED(IF)
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 33-55mm f/4.5 AL
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 55-110mm f/5.6
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 80-160mm f/4.5
SMC Pentax-A and FA 645 150-300mm f/5.6 ED(IF)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo