Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sir Ebenezer

womble
Posted 02/01/2022 - 13:25 Link
I went to Welwyn Garden City this morning, the town of my birth. In 2020 they were celebrating their centenary, celebrations that were somewhat disrupted as I'm sure you can guess. To mark the centenary, a statue of Sir Ebenezer Howard was commissioned, and recently erected in the town centre. Many moons ago, I attended The Howard School, long since demolished and turned into a housing estate.

Pentax K-3iii, SMC Pentax "K" 28mm f/2 lens.

Comment Image

Jan 02: Howard (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Comment Image

Jan 02: Howard (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Comment Image

Jan 02: Howard (3) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
LennyBloke
Posted 02/01/2022 - 13:31 Link
Nice little set Kris - particularly the knuckles
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 02/01/2022 - 13:36 Link
Great set again Kris
LongTimeLurker
Posted 02/01/2022 - 17:48 Link
I love the hand - it has a suggestion of a life lived and knowledge gained. I don't know why, it just does.

The clarity in the third photograph is very good, helping the expression in his face that, once again, imparts a sense of sagacious.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
womble
Posted 02/01/2022 - 17:55 Link
Thank you all.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
cardiffgareth
Posted 05/01/2022 - 12:53 Link
Nice. Glad he kept still long enough for you!

I like the face image the most - it has great form
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.