sigma 50-500
Posted 20/05/2012 - 20:40
Link
The 50-500mm is an excellent lens and I've seen some superb wildlife images shot with it.
Best regards, John
Posted 20/05/2012 - 21:23
Link
If it's as good as my Sigma 135-400 then highly recommended
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 20/05/2012 - 23:21
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
If it's as good as my Sigma 135-400 then highly recommended
Ditto if it is as good as my 120-400 or 150-500If it's as good as my Sigma 135-400 then highly recommended
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 21/05/2012 - 01:05
Link
The only down side, it needs plenty of good light.Not a lot of good in dark/dull conditions.But then I have an older version so maybe the newer ones are better.
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 21/05/2012 - 09:36
Link
As per Don I have the old model which is wider at the short end. F4 and I love it.
CHEERS Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 21/05/2012 - 09:53
Link
Most of the bird shots in my gallery were shot with the 50-500 (non HSM)
As don says, it needs good light, the max. aperture is supposed to be 6.3 but for some reason has always shown as f6.7 on every body that mine has been on, others have reported the same problem too, (don't know if this is the case with the HSM version)
On good days if you can stop down to f8 or even f11 the lens will really perform well.
As don says, it needs good light, the max. aperture is supposed to be 6.3 but for some reason has always shown as f6.7 on every body that mine has been on, others have reported the same problem too, (don't know if this is the case with the HSM version)
On good days if you can stop down to f8 or even f11 the lens will really perform well.
Posted 21/05/2012 - 11:29
Link
Have they got rid of the sand in works?
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Posted 21/05/2012 - 12:24
Link
I've just been to have a look. He told me it was a pentax fit, he went off the end cap SA/PKR. I checked one of my sigma's and it said the same. Its a sigma fit They use the same end caps for SA and PK mounts. Bugger.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1597 posts
20 years
Pentaxia
Anyone here use one?