Sigma 50-150 2.8 problems
Posted 19/01/2013 - 12:31
Link
Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the lens?
Also, is there any movement when it's on the body? I've experienced this on a large Sigma (can't remember which?) where I had to kind of hold and lightly twist to make the contacts connect otherwise I'd get a similar thing to what you're experiencing.
I'm guessing it works ok in complete manual mode?
Also, is there any movement when it's on the body? I've experienced this on a large Sigma (can't remember which?) where I had to kind of hold and lightly twist to make the contacts connect otherwise I'd get a similar thing to what you're experiencing.
I'm guessing it works ok in complete manual mode?
Posted 19/01/2013 - 13:29
Link
I've had similar problems to woodworm with a sigma (70-200) and it was a combination of dirty contacts and a little play which required a light twist to correctly allign.
The 50-150 has a very small AF/MF switch, you've probably done this already but I'd check its not been flicked to MF.
Regards
George
The 50-150 has a very small AF/MF switch, you've probably done this already but I'd check its not been flicked to MF.
Regards
George
Posted 19/01/2013 - 13:30
Link
I cleaned all contacts but still no change, further i found that lens is working in Manual mode, even on lcd lens is showing MF , and i even cannot get into the menu because things are blinking continously .
Bodies: K3 (Gunmetal Limited Edition) & K30
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Posted 19/01/2013 - 13:47
Link
carmagw wrote:
I've had similar problems to woodworm with a sigma (70-200) and it was a combination of dirty contacts and a little play which required a light twist to correctly allign.
The 50-150 has a very small AF/MF switch, you've probably done this already but I'd check its not been flicked to MF.
Regards
George
The lens is in AF i have checked it.
I've had similar problems to woodworm with a sigma (70-200) and it was a combination of dirty contacts and a little play which required a light twist to correctly allign.
The 50-150 has a very small AF/MF switch, you've probably done this already but I'd check its not been flicked to MF.
Regards
George
Bodies: K3 (Gunmetal Limited Edition) & K30
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Posted 21/01/2013 - 20:14
Link
more help needed .....
Bodies: K3 (Gunmetal Limited Edition) & K30
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T
Posted 21/01/2013 - 20:50
Link
How about giving a call to Sigma service in the UK + 44 1707 329999 or sending them an e-mail on [email protected].
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


144 posts
15 years
Purley,
Surrey
Pentax lenses: DA 18-250mm,FA 50 1.4,, DA 35mm F2.4
Sigma lenses: 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 DC Macro,24mm 2.8 Superwide II AF, 50mm 2.8 Macro,50-150mm f2.8 DC EX HSMII , 70-200 2.8 EX APO
Falcon 8mm Fish eye + Old manual lenses
Flashes: Pentax 360 fgz, Metz 48 Af-1, Pentax Af 280T