Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sigma 105 Not Registering Aperture

bettyswolloks
Posted 26/04/2014 - 20:10 Link
Hello there Folks

Been in work most of the day, building a display for our stand in the upcoming Show we're attending. On the way home I put on my sigma 105 and it's not showing the aperture, as I was taking it off it flashed up the F number, about half way round when twisting it off.

I've thoroughly cleaned the contacts on both sides.
The mount on the 105/camera is not loose.
Every other lens I've tried is spot on.

When I find my screwdriver I'm gunna loosen the mount on the lens and re-seat it if you will, give a jiggle! I'm not gunna take the mount off, just loosen it.

Any ideas folks?
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
tyronet2000
Posted 29/04/2014 - 22:37 Link
Quote:
as I was taking it off it flashed up the F number, about half way round when twisting it off.

Did you have the camera switched on while removing the lens? I only ask because I was told the sensor acts like a vacuum cleaner sucking in dust if doing that. Could some of the contacts have shorted out ?
Regards
Stan

PPG
Edited by tyronet2000: 29/04/2014 - 22:37
bettyswolloks
Posted 20/05/2014 - 17:58 Link
Just an update....

Finally got my hands on the correct screwdriver, just took out the screws in the mount, gave the mount a jiggle, re=seated it and tightened the screws back up and it worked a treat!!!
RayB
Posted 20/05/2014 - 18:13 Link
bettyswolloks wrote:
Just an update....

Finally got my hands on the correct screwdriver, just took out the screws in the mount, gave the mount a jiggle, re=seated it and tightened the screws back up and it worked a treat!!!

Typical Sigma issue - there are a couple of threads somewhere about this. I have the same problem with the 170-500, I just keep a small screwdriver in the kitbag in case I problems whilst out and about.
bettyswolloks
Posted 20/05/2014 - 18:58 Link
My 50mm did the same, but that was more hit and miss than not registering at all. The 105 just stopped suddenly, sorted now
RayB
Posted 20/05/2014 - 19:08 Link
Sounds about right - there isn't much of a margin between contacts making or not, when I start to lose registration for brief periods I know a total stop is imminent, so the screwdriver gets an outing
bettyswolloks
Posted 20/05/2014 - 20:18 Link
I'm just glad it's back, I've been contemplating replacing it with another. My world makes a little more sense today My summer is back on
bettyswolloks
Posted 24/05/2014 - 13:12 Link
And she's back, I really love thins lens
Comment Image

Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.