Shwmae!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/08/2019 - 09:19
That's 'alright!' in Welsh.

I've been pointed in this forum's direction by the kind JohnX (as he's known on PentaxForums) after a query about selling a recently-acquired K-50 (and others)! I'll be sure to join in wherever I can, and thanks in advance for undoubtedly making me feel welcome!

Diolch.

alfpics

Link Posted 08/08/2019 - 15:27
Hi Ben and welcome! Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Andy

bychan

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 00:34
Benz3ne wrote:

I've been pointed in this forum's direction by the kind JohnX (as he's known on PentaxForums) after a query about selling a recently-acquired K-50 (and others)! I'll be sure to join in wherever I can, and thanks in advance for undoubtedly making me feel welcome!

Diolch.

Croeso cynes :

O pa ran o Gymru fach?
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

RobL

Link Posted 09/08/2019 - 08:52
The only Welsh I know is “that’s lush!” and “what’s occurin?”

I look forward to being educated, my Welsh wife has failed in 40-odd years. Some things she says are a complete mystery to me.

bychan

Link Posted 10/08/2019 - 17:19
RobL wrote:

I look forward to being educated, my Welsh wife has failed in 40-odd years. Some things she says are a complete mystery to me.

I do have 49 years of practice mind you
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

Benz3ne

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 10:06
bychan wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

Diolch.

Croeso cynes :

O pa ran o Gymru fach?

y Gymru de! Sori, dw i'n ddim yn siarad yn Gymraeg dda iawn. Hoffwn i ddysgu yn rhugl.

Edit: Diolch o y croeso cynes, hefyd!
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 13/08/2019 - 10:09

Benz3ne

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 10:07
RobL wrote:

My dad is fluent but my mam doesn't speak an iota of it. Ergo, there's never really been much Welsh spoken in the house and, as such, I've never really learned. I can say and read a few things and can understand if it's spoken slowly enough.

I WILL learn one day, promise!

vic cross

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 10:40
Although I live in Kettering and am now retired (15 yrs) I worked from home for a welsh firm in Llandudno Junction for 29yrs. and the only Welsh I ever learned was " Boru Da" excuse the spelling I am english after all.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 16:07
Bore da Vic. Croeso Benz3ne.

I have forgotten all my Welsh. I used to speak it, badly, as a kid, picked up on visits to family and friends. A couple of them were monoglot so it was essential to speak a bit. never learned to read it though.
Gradually the visits got less and less as the family died out, and now it seems I only have room in my brain for two languages at a time so I will stick with English and Dutch now. Tried for years to learn Spanish with no success, and any French I learned has also gone. Always comes as a suprise to others when we turn up in a Dutch vehicle and can't speak French or German
Last Edited by Gwyn on 13/08/2019 - 16:07

RobL

Link Posted 13/08/2019 - 17:23
When I say I still don’t understand my Welsh wife it’s the unfathomable phrases she keeps coming out with: if I hang a picture which isn’t straight she says I have an eye like a stinking eel! What’s that all about?

AndrewA

Link Posted 10/12/2019 - 11:19
Hello and Welcome!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/12/2019 - 01:23
The noises it represents are comprehensible but the collection of letters that form written Welsh are anything but. (Irish is worse). Never mind. It's your photos we are interested in here, so Welcome aboard.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/12/2019 - 08:30
davidwozhere wrote:
The noises it represents are comprehensible but the collection of letters that form written Welsh are anything but. (Irish is worse). Never mind. It's your photos we are interested in here, so Welcome aboard.

Thanks David! I was notifying someone of the Welsh for Merry-go-round the other day (chwyrligwgan). That's a nice one to get your teeth, tongue and tonsils around!
I should really post more photos here... Finding the ideal place to post them is where I'm falling short on this forum!

johnriley

Link Posted 12/12/2019 - 11:24
There's a Gallery you can post to, or into the forum if you prefer. Or ePHOTOzine, the sister site to this one, is also a great place to post images.
Best regards, John

Helpful

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/12/2019 - 11:33
johnriley wrote:
There's a Gallery you can post to, or into the forum if you prefer. Or ePHOTOzine, the sister site to this one, is also a great place to post images.

True! I'm using Flickr quite heavily so can post photos from there. Issue is, I'm spoiled by being 'guided' in another Pentax forum, i.e. I'll post a particularly bokeh-licious shot in a 'bokeh' themed thread, or monochrome in the associated thread.

I'll get the hang of this one soon, I'm sure! I've just entered my first competition here so there's hope for me yet!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.