Shutter count
Posted 18/12/2015 - 14:23
Link
Lots of gear - but not a lot of idea!
Posted 18/12/2015 - 15:28
Link
Thanks Malcolm
Posted 18/12/2015 - 20:20
Link
Posted 18/12/2015 - 23:23
Link
Those online shutter count services require you upload an unaltered JPEG or RAW to their servers.
This is less convenient, uses your bandwidth and poses the question about what happens to your files?
I prefer P.I.E (as linked in my previous post) because it's right here on my PC, doesn't require any data usage and it much more useful for just shutter count listing.
This is less convenient, uses your bandwidth and poses the question about what happens to your files?
I prefer P.I.E (as linked in my previous post) because it's right here on my PC, doesn't require any data usage and it much more useful for just shutter count listing.
Posted 19/12/2015 - 19:15
Link
Thanks Steve.
I think I'd downloaded PIE in the past but getting a reminder was useful. The full EXIF it displays is very comprehensive!
Checking through my recent images it seems most of my cameras do not have a shutter activations field in the EXIF. I found it for my K7, but not the K100d, any of my micro four thirds bodies or any of the compacts! (The Pentax forums on-line option linked can't find it for these either.)
Activations on the K7 was somewhat surprising - nearing 50k even though I've only used it for half a dozen events in the last two years.
I think I'd downloaded PIE in the past but getting a reminder was useful. The full EXIF it displays is very comprehensive!
Checking through my recent images it seems most of my cameras do not have a shutter activations field in the EXIF. I found it for my K7, but not the K100d, any of my micro four thirds bodies or any of the compacts! (The Pentax forums on-line option linked can't find it for these either.)
Activations on the K7 was somewhat surprising - nearing 50k even though I've only used it for half a dozen events in the last two years.
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 19/12/2015 - 19:36
Link
Compacts of course have no shutter, so nothing to wear out therefore no life expectancy so no need to count.
(Note that the Pentax Q has no shutter as it's in the lenses. )
OM-D shutter count can be found in the camera itself ► http://www.apotelyt.com/photo-camera/olympus-shutter-count-mft
Lumix likewise ► http://www.apotelyt.com/photo-camera/panasonic-g-shutter-count
(Note that the Pentax Q has no shutter as it's in the lenses. )
OM-D shutter count can be found in the camera itself ► http://www.apotelyt.com/photo-camera/olympus-shutter-count-mft
Lumix likewise ► http://www.apotelyt.com/photo-camera/panasonic-g-shutter-count
Posted 19/12/2015 - 23:21
Link
Thanks for that Steve
Not an easy sequence on the G5 took 3 goes - but I've managed on the two cameras I use regularly. I'm relieved to see they're considerably lower than the K7, but that does tend to come out for times I'm expect heavy shooting rather than just making sure I have a camera with me.
Not an easy sequence on the G5 took 3 goes - but I've managed on the two cameras I use regularly. I'm relieved to see they're considerably lower than the K7, but that does tend to come out for times I'm expect heavy shooting rather than just making sure I have a camera with me.
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 20/12/2015 - 13:30
Link
Thanks to all who have provided options. I too has lost links to the tools.
This seems to be a useful,camera-specific bit of info.. Is there any reason why it is not available via Pentax (or other mfrs) cameras' own interfaces?
Is it perhaps available via a hidden menu that camera maintainers can use?
This seems to be a useful,camera-specific bit of info.. Is there any reason why it is not available via Pentax (or other mfrs) cameras' own interfaces?
Is it perhaps available via a hidden menu that camera maintainers can use?
Regards,
Kea828
Kea828
Posted 20/12/2015 - 20:10
Link
It is available on some cameras via certain button presses, as already mentioned. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere that Pentax has a similar hidden function.
Posted 21/12/2015 - 08:22
Link
SteveLedger wrote:
It is available on some cameras via certain button presses, as already mentioned. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere that Pentax has a similar hidden function.
Having recently tried it with both systems I'm confident having it in EXIF is much more useful. It's possible to look at what the value was at times in the past, & it's generally easier to access...
It is available on some cameras via certain button presses, as already mentioned. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere that Pentax has a similar hidden function.
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 21/12/2015 - 08:28
Link
Well it is in the metadata, just not all EXIF readers can access neither do all cameras show it. Which is why P.I.E is good, it shows SC for all my cameras (that have a shutter)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1366 posts
20 years
yorkshire
Thanks
Dave