Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Shifting the sensor???

vic cross
Posted 08/03/2021 - 10:35 Link
With my K-1 I moved the sensor up and down to simulate a shift lens. It was a long time ago and I've forgotten how. Now I have my nice new silver K-1ii I tried to find the instructions in the manual. NO CAN DO. Can anyone help. Where in the manual are the instructions????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
johnha
Posted 08/03/2021 - 11:11 Link
I don't have my K-1 manual/camera to hand but suspect you're looking for 'Composition Adjustment' or something similar?
Edited by johnha: 08/03/2021 - 11:17
pschlute
Posted 08/03/2021 - 11:34 Link
vic cross wrote:
With my K-1 I moved the sensor up and down to simulate a shift lens. It was a long time ago and I've forgotten how. Now I have my nice new silver K-1ii I tried to find the instructions in the manual. NO CAN DO. Can anyone help. Where in the manual are the instructions????
CHEERS Vic.

johnha is correct , Menu item 4 in the Capture settings (camera Icon)

It only works in LV, and I am sure there will be restrictions if you are trying to use it in combination with another mode... Pixel shift for example.
MHOL190246
Posted 08/03/2021 - 11:52 Link
Vic
I have just dug into the depths of my grey matter and managed to recall this hopefully helpful link on another forum site. Hopefully it will be useful. https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/tutorial-videos/sensor-shift-in-action-inc...

Regards

Michael
vic cross
Posted 08/03/2021 - 11:52 Link
Thanks to both of you. I'll go and have a look now and get back to you soon.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
vic cross
Posted 08/03/2021 - 11:56 Link
And you Michael.
CHEERS Vic.
vic cross
Posted 08/03/2021 - 12:40 Link
I've had a look and you are all correct. Thanks again.
CHEERS Vic.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.