Sheffield Night Lights

AndrewA

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 19:55
andrewk wrote:
Just a thought - but have you considered spending an afternoon/evening at Meadowhall? They'll have all the Christmas lights on by now.

A few of us from Oldham Camera Club spent about 5 hours at the Trafford Centre on Monday this week & had a great time. The Trafford Centre management team were extremely helpful and, to our surprise, seemed very keen on making sure we got the most out of the afternoon/evening..

Andrew

Good idea, the only issue is the amount of tracksuits and baseball caps....but definitely worth a thought Andrew, thanks.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

davidstorm

Link Posted 20/11/2013 - 21:02
If you can let me know the time and place for meeting up on the 28th that would be great, I'm not 100% sure I can get away from work on time but I will certainly do my utmost to be there.

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

trixie

Link Posted 21/11/2013 - 20:02
AndrewA wrote:
I'll go on my own then.....

oh I will come with you Dec 5th is good for me. Cheers trixie

AndrewA

Link Posted 22/11/2013 - 18:05
Thursday 28th November gets the nod, hopefully Mrs T can make it too!

I did a run out last night and the city centre starts to calm down from around 6pm so should we say a 6.30pm start?

Would suggest meeting at the Peace Gardens by the Town Hall as it a wonderful place to begin snapping.
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

jamieallan

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 10:28
I was in Sheffield last weekend visiting my daughter and son in law who are living there for a year. They have a close up view of the cheese grater - a never more aptly named building.

I thought I'd play around with photoshop

Jamie

AndrewA

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 10:40
Nice shots there Jamie, we'll not doubt get some of it at night!
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

jamieallan

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 11:01
Chris,
You've got some very good structures both old and new as available subjects. I didn't have the camera with me whilst out at night as it was a social visit but I think I could spend a couple of days working my way round the city on foot with my camera. I thought the train station had plenty of potential, the city hall and the peace gardens. My daughter is in a flat at the Butcher Works which is a great re-use of old buildings. They are near the Hubs which is a complete contrast - like 4 giant curling stones.
Enjoy your meeting.
Jamie

AndrewA

Link Posted 23/11/2013 - 12:56
jamieallan wrote:
Chris,
You've got some very good structures both old and new as available subjects. I didn't have the camera with me whilst out at night as it was a social visit but I think I could spend a couple of days working my way round the city on foot with my camera. I thought the train station had plenty of potential, the city hall and the peace gardens. My daughter is in a flat at the Butcher Works which is a great re-use of old buildings. They are near the Hubs which is a complete contrast - like 4 giant curling stones.
Enjoy your meeting.

It is a beautiful city, and I do not explore and photograph it enough....2014 that will change.
Hope you enjoyed your visit, and give me a shout next time you are down,
Andrew
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link

AndrewA

Link Posted 25/11/2013 - 19:22
Revised Meet Time - now 7.00pm in the Peace Gardens!
Andrew

PPG link
Flickr link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.